Keyboard navigation in notebook stops when reaching a note that only have a subject

Hello,

v 10.1.6 build 458351 public
Editor: v109.0.14125
Service: v1.20.26

I am navigating a list of notes in my notebook using the up and down keyboard and either deleting or performing other operation on the currently selected note.

If in reach a note that does not have a body but only a title (i.e. a reminder note), the focus is automatically shifted to the note instead of staying in the note list.

I can no longer navitage to the previous/next note or performa notes list shortcuts (like delete and so on)

• Like 1
On 10/20/2020 at 9:42 PM, stocky2605 said:

btw, if you click on an empty note with your mouse then it also focuses directly to the note body - so it seems it works as designed.

If you click on a note with content the body doesn't get the focus...

In my opinion, if it works as designed is badly designed. It seems that keyboard usability has been completely forgotten.

If I navigate up and down with arrow keys, I expect to see the note content on the right (or hopefully soon on the bottom too again)

This does not work anymore unless you first press enter, or unless the note has no body. Very poor inconsistent design in my opinion.

99% of the time you will need to press keyboad up and down + enter (1 extra key stroke just for navigation)

The few times your note has no body you will be stuck in the note and again need to use unnecessary keystrokes to go back browsing your list of notes

3 hours ago, andreasbisiach said:

In my opinion, if it works as designed is badly designed. It seems that keyboard usability has been completely forgotten.

If I navigate up and down with arrow keys, I expect to see the note content on the right (or hopefully soon on the bottom too again)

This does not work anymore unless you first press enter, or unless the note has no body. Very poor inconsistent design in my opinion.

99% of the time you will need to press keyboad up and down + enter (1 extra key stroke just for navigation)

The few times your note has no body you will be stuck in the note and again need to use unnecessary keystrokes to go back browsing your list of notes

I raised a bit of this issue not long ago, was told that this is by design. Personally I can’t imagine why they think it’s better this way. I can’t really think of a case use that makes sense.