Changing the language settings WITHIN the app WITHOUT having to change the system language

Woony

Idea

This is an incredible BASIC feature that people that speak more than one language (or perhaps want to learn more) rely on daily because we are used to running different apps in different language for varying reasons. Having to change my entire system language just to get Evernote to run in English or any other language is not at all acceptable. This should be a BASIC feature for a professional Desktop application and the fact that it's not in the new app is appaling and culturally myopic. Are there only monolingual Americans on the Evernote dev team???

• Like 8

7 replies to this idea

I totally agree, I just spent an hour on trying to get rid of the red underlining as I am typing in dutch and the language check is english. I even reset my windows language to dutch bu that does nog work either. Please fix this as fast as possible. I am a premium user.

Victor

image.png.161352d8ac695e107324ca72fdcc19ba.png

• Like 3

Yes I totally agree with this request. Although in previous versions of Evernote (on a MAC at least) this was available from a menu point, it seems to have disappeared as of a couple of months ago (currently on 10.5.7). This is a show stopper for me and I presume many others who work in more than one language and need to constantly change from one to the other. 

On many MAC apps, this language switcher is accessed by the handy Command-Shift-: . It would be very nice if Evernote did the same, but I'd settle for the old menu point to bring up the language switcher to save the day.

• Like 2

I'm stuck on this same issue using evernote in the browser and in the app.  This is a definite deal breaker as I need towrite notes in both english and spanish.  Has anyone found a workaround?  I love evernote, but this could be the end of my premium subscription

• Like 4

Wasted a lot of time searching for the language setting of the spelling checker, because I couldn't imagine that you have a spelling checker and it is fixed to English! Please make it available in more languages. (No; it is not possible to change the language of the operating system, that should be English).

Versie 10.xx is around for so long time already,  but due to thing like described above and much more, I can still NOT MOVE FROM VERSION 6.X TO VERSION 10.X.

I thinks it's time to look around for alternatives, since Evernote is not fixing bugs in version 6.x and moving upwards to version 10.x is still no option for me since this version is lacking so much we had in version 6.x.

Joost

• Level 5

EN makes use of system resources for the spell checker, like using the installed dictionary function.

It should be possible to bring along an integrated function - however this means to build a new functional block into the app. Is this likely ? Let us wait and see. Most users will have their system set to the same language they use for their note taking. V10 is still lacking some core functions, like printing, that are important for all users. I think EN will focus to get these implemented.

Currently legacy is the workaround, as it is for several other use cases.