Automatic Note Titling ?

AdmiralP

Idea

In the legacy version, when you started a new note, the first line typed where it says "Start writing....Template" used to auto-populate the Title field of the note.

Mow it doesn't appear to do that, you have to copy/paste if you'v ebeen used to getting the Title auto-filled.

Please can we have the auto-fill behaviour back?

• Like 5

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I seem to recall that the beta testers prferred the new approach which is possibly why it doesn't work the old way any longer. It might depend on a good number of votes supporting your preference ;)

Again, I feel this is one of those things which slows down my workflow having got used to being able to start typing the title in the body of the note and getting the Tile foield auto-populated. I then had the option to edit what went in the title and/or extend the first line of the note body, rather than having to select/copy/paste

• Like 3

+1 for autofill title. Unless I can figure out a way to toggle this behavior on, I'm going to go back to an older version of the windows app to get it back. It's much slower for my note creation workflow to do a separate title for every note and having "Untitled" appear in most of my new note titles (and the first line of the body text in my thousands of old notes) is much slower to go through search results.

+1 for adding back autofill title. A bunch of "Untitled" notes is not helpful at all, and you can always change the title afterwards if you don't want the autofill (which is what you have to do now anyway as no title is added).

21st century, Ai, automation all over the world, companies want to automate every single piece of everything - Evernote disables the auto-populate option for note title 😐

• Level 5

Some are orderly and start a new note with first deciding about the title. These systematic people feel some stress now. Others are happy, because when they open a new note, they want to hack away without fumbling around thinking about a title. Titeling, notebooking and tagging can wait !

There are 2 possible standpoints about where the cursor should be when a new note is created. Only those who are happy with as it is now will not come here to complain.