Tags - Mac / Web & Windows

Go to solution Solved by Paul A.,

Evernote for Mac 10.1.7 and Evernote for Web are not displaying tagged notes correctly.

Below is Evernote for Windows 6.25.1 showing a couple of notes against a selected tag correctly.

Below is Evernote for Mac not showing any notes against the same selected tag.

Evernote for Web (Mac Safari and Windows Edge) is the same as Mac .. not showing any notes against the same selected tag.

evernote-win.png

evernote-mac.png

• Solution

The reason 10.x is not showing any notes is that it defaults to an "AND" search instead of the "OR" search in the previous version of Evernote (shows up as "Any" in the previous version). I don't have the link handy but there's a thread where this is being discussed in more detail and one of the Evernote designers seems to acknowledge it's an issue, so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Paul A. said:

The reason 10.x is not showing any notes is that it defaults to an "AND" search instead of the "OR" search in the previous version of Evernote (shows up as "Any" in the previous version). I don't have the link handy but there's a thread where this is being discussed in more detail and one of the Evernote designers seems to acknowledge it's an issue, so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.

Thanks @Paul A. I found the thread.

Background .. I was searching on nested Notebooks / Stacks and looked around this forum. I was reminded that Evernote's foundations are build on Stacks, Notebooks & Notes and to consider nested Tags as an alternative. You would think that Default Nested Tag Searching (AND or OR) would be a configurable option but no.

I have past experience with Evernote breaking existing core functionality with version upgrades (moved to OneNote about 5 years ago as a result) and see that QA of new versions is just as much an issue now as it was 5 years ago.

• Like 1