We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
agsteele

ANSWERED EN 10.1 keeps opening in the Shared With Me window rather than last used

This is an issue that appeared after receiving the v10.1 update.

Now once the program is running I can click on the taskbar icon and it opens back to where I was last focused.

However, if I, instead, double click a desktop icon or launch from the start menu (and the program is already running) it opens on a window inside the program headed SHARED WITH ME rather than the notebook I was previously inside.

Apart from being immensely frustrating I suspect that it isn't common otherwise I'm sure there would be lots of comments reporting it or similar.

I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling but still get this issue.  Anyone any insight or suggestions.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Start Evernote 10.1.x and access your desired notebook.

2. Minimise the program.

3. Double click the desktop icon or open from the start menu.

4. EN opens and jumps onto Shared With Me list.

5. Reselect the working notebook.

6. Minimise EN

7. Open the program by clicking on the taskbar icon and return to the working notebook.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Strange behavior, while I don't use EN like that, I can reproduce the bug.

I get that when I open EN for the first time but only on my laptop. PC on my desk seems to default to a note in trash... I think there's a bug floating around.

EN keeps opening Shared with Me for me too and I don't have anything in the Shared with Me section.

Version 10.1.7 build 1902 public.

Really grateful to those who can also reproduce this issue... I was beginning to think I was going crazy! Well I may be but at least not with this issue... @gbarry

Thanks for the flag @agsteele--that is unexpected, I've asked the team to look into it and we'll resolve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have this too on 10.1.7,
if I open from the desktop icon it goes to shared notes with nothing in it.
If I open it from the system tray icon it opens on the last used note.

I'm having the exact same issue and thought I was going nuts. I even had the one person who had shared a note with me unshare and delete the note on their end to see if that fixed it, but it didn't, it still goes there every time I reopen the app, whether quitting all the way or just closing the app but letting it continue to run in the system tray.

I am glad they have acknowledged the problem, but why is this topic labeled "answered"? 

Unless I misunderstood something, that seems like a change in the way I observed the word being used in the past: that a solution has been posted , or that the problem is fixed with a new update.

I have the exact same issue. It started after EN updated the Windows desktop app in the last two weeks. 

I have the same issue.

EN keeps opening Shared with Me for me too and I don't have anything in the Shared with Me section.

Hi,

I just upgraded to Evernote v.10.1.7 build 1902 public. The program now always opens to "Shared with Me"--which in my case, is empty. I want it to open to "All Notes." How do I set where the program opens?

Thank you,
Skye (I've been using Evernote for over ten years now)

21 minutes ago, amritaskye said:

I just upgraded to Evernote v.10.1.7 build 1902 public. The program now always opens to "Shared with Me"--which in my case, is empty. I want it to open to "All Notes." How do I set where the program opens?

For me it just opens in the last view (after closing and also exiting the task bar elaphant icon at the bottom right)

same here, after update to

v 10.1.7 build 1902 public
Editor: v109.0.14125
Service: v1.20.26
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved