Unable to add Text between two images (Solved)

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

• Solution
9 minutes ago, JNester said:

If there are series of images, then you cannot add text in between the images. You can add only at the end of all images in the series. Please look into this bug , or is this a feature that was removed?

Is the issue being able to just add white space between the images so that you can then type in the whitespace? If I select an image and then hit enter I get white space below the image before the next one. I can then add text.  I was worried I would delete the image because normally you are looking for some sort of cursor to the right of the image.  Is this it or have misunderstood the issue?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Tried click on the image, and then hit the left arrow key once ? Then return to insert a new line. If this still does not work, try left arrow twice.

I think that's the same as my solution. The arrow keys just move between the images if you have no space between them, so you might as well click the first image and hit enter,

34 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Tried click on the image, and then hit the left arrow key once ? Then return to insert a new line. If this still does not work, try left arrow twice.

This does not work as I have a series of images it just goes to the top image. Thanks anyways

38 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Is the issue being able to just add white space between the images so that you can then type in the whitespace? If I select an image and then hit enter I get white space below the image before the next one. I can then add text.  I was worried I would delete the image because normally you are looking for some sort of cursor to the right of the image.  Is this it or have misunderstood the issue?

Thanks a bunch this worked perfectly!

• JNester changed the title to Unable to add Text between two images (Solved)
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The solution is not valid now after the recent upgrade.  When you click the image and type enter, it will delete the image.  When you click left or right arrow, it will go to the first 1st or the last images, not the left or right of the selected image.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, Victor Lo said:

The solution is not valid now after the recent upgrade.  When you click the image and type enter, it will delete the image.  When you click left or right arrow, it will go to the first 1st or the last images, not the left or right of the selected image.

I can't reproduce this. On my system there is no change to teh behaviour. Selecting an image and hitting enter inserts a line. The arrow keys go between images.

10.9.10-win-ddl-public (2439)
Editor: v119.1.15375
Service: v1.30.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5
59 minutes ago, RRobert said:

Solutions here useless on mobile.

SOOOOO frustrating!!!

Since this is a 4 year old thread, it's pretty likely the advice would no longer be relevant anywhere, given the changes in Evernote since then. Can you give some detail about what you're seeing, and which mobile platform and what version of Evernote you have?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, RRobert said:

Solutions here useless on mobile.

SOOOOO frustrating!!!

Plain wrong, frustration out of inability to follow advise, I would say.

It is the same in all clients: Select the upper picture (blue outline), tap return => adds a new line of text right below the picture.