Thumbnails Pics not Updating with New Pics

51 minutes ago, fchandler said:

I have a Picture in each of my Notes which show up as Thumbnails in the "Notes List View" for every note. The problem is when the Picture is changed in the Note, the Thumbnail in the "Notes List View" remains the original Picture and not the changed Picture. I have to create a New Note with the changed Picture in order to get the new Thumbnail to show correctly in the "Notes List View". Thank you for your assistance with this issue.  

Agreed. This was raised in the beta.The thumbnail does update in the web version which is strange as normally the behaviour of the Windows and web versions are the same. You are then left with the same note with two different thumbnails. I'm sure that can't be intended so it must be a bug.

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 3:15 PM, fchandler said:

I have a Picture in each of my Notes which show up as Thumbnails in the "Notes List View" for every note. The problem is when the Picture is changed in the Note, the Thumbnail in the "Notes List View" remains the original Picture and not the changed Picture. I have to create a New Note with the changed Picture in order to get the new Thumbnail to show correctly in the "Notes List View". Thank you for your assistance with this issue.  

I experience the same issue and find it very annoying as i use that feature often in the web version. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I find this extremely annoying because I use the thumbnail images as a quick way to find the note. I am at least happy to know that if I recreate the note that the correct image will show up, though I'd ultimately like to be able to choose which image shows there because some notes have more than one image - - because they are notes about something that has images. Even if it had the orientation such as "last image entered is the one shown" then I could always just re-add the image I wanted showing there. 

• 3 months later...

You have to 1) remove the old, unwanted picture from the original note. 2) Make a COPY of that original note without any images. 3) Add the correct image to the NEW note. 4) Delete the original note. It's clunky. It's silly. It's annoying. It also works (until Evernote programmers get around to actually fixing something.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Level 5

The thumbnails issue is always good for a new turn. I sometimes think this is the special place for the EN devs to go and create a little chaos and havoc in an app made to organize things. You know, to vent a bit of creativity, once in a while.

There is a long running voting thread with a LOT of votes to allow users to define their thumbnail of choice. Maybe you add your vote, if not already done.

Almond001, yes, that's about what I do. PinkElephant: I like to use the images as a quick way to spot a particular note. I guess I'm just a more visual person. It's not really about creativity, at least, not in this instance. 

• Level 5

Yes, I do the same. My comment was not about us users getting creative, it is about EN changing the thumbnail algorithm WITHOUT doing first what we users want since long: Getting a chance to select the picture that should be used for thumbnailing.

Instead they find new ways of letting the system find out what to show. IMHO simply badly employed devs hours. In German we have a word, that directly translated would read „worsebettering“. That’s what happens here with the thumbnail selection.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Almond001 said:

You have to 1) remove the old, unwanted picture from the original note. 2) Make a COPY of that original note without any images. 3) Add the correct image to the NEW note. 4) Delete the original note. It's clunky. It's silly. It's annoying. It also works (until Evernote programmers get around to actually fixing something.)

Hi, 

I had removed, refreshed, played with and nothing worked. But now I've duplicated the note as y suggested and the dog is finally gone. Thanks for the idea.... The dog just doesn't cut it as an enchilada recipe. This recipe was clipped from the web. Thx,for the work around. 

Screenshot_20210814-083152_Evernote.jpg

• Evernote Expert
22 hours ago, kamprs said:

It's driving me crazy. I change the picture and the thumbnail stays the same... and that picture is not even in the note any longer.

This issue has been around since Evernote 10 was launched. So far, there is no sign of a fix.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, agsteele said:

It's driving me crazy. I change the picture and the thumbnail stays the same

Create a new note   
a new thumbnail will be generated

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5

Whom do you ask ? Us other users ?

If you want a comment, issue a support ticket.

Meanwhile create a new note, it will generate a new thumbnail from the content. If the old picture is not in it any longer, chances are good EN will pick something else.