Two important tag features now missing

doktorzirb

Idea

On the side panel, tags don't show the number of notes tagged with each tag (as it happens with notes in a notebook, as it's already been reported). Thus, you can't see at glance unused  tags, in order to remove them

On the other hand, since the r-click context menu has dissapeared, I really don't know how to remove unused tags or tags mistakenly created

Acknowledging that you're trying to keep cross-platform compatibiliy, please fix the issue as good as possible

3 replies to this idea

The tag list in the side panel is virtually useless, especially when compared to the legacy version. You need to use the main tags window to do most tag management tasks. Click on the tag icon to pop it out. You can see the number of tags and do various things from the three dots that appear next to a tag when you mouse over it.

image.png.e4d2e92be7fd68f790d51513ce1d3ad2.png

4 hours ago, doktorzirb said:

On the side panel, tags don't show the number of notes tagged with each tag (as it happens with notes in a notebook, as it's already been reported). Thus, you can't see at glance unused  tags, in order to remove them

On the other hand, since the r-click context menu has dissapeared, I really don't know how to remove unused tags or tags mistakenly created

Acknowledging that you're trying to keep cross-platform compatibiliy, please fix the issue as good as possible

Click on the "Tags" header on the left panel to open a tag-specific view which includes the number of notes per tag. This view also allows for renaming, deleting, editing, and re-organizing tags. Does that help? I personally prefer not having the number of notes per tag listed in the sidebar as it reduces visual clutter.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Paul A. said:

Click on the "Tags" header on the left panel to open a tag-specific view which includes the number of notes per tag. This view also allows for renaming, deleting, editing, and re-organizing tags. Does that help? I personally prefer not having the number of notes per tag listed in the sidebar as it reduces visual clutter.

Thank you kindly. I had seen the panel before but missed the "three dots" menu.

• Like 1