Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello.   After finding note link navigation rather painful, I opted to try prefix navigation, and I found a couple of things.

1-On the general search, prefix navigation brings up saved searches, so I guess that's available (editing it is another issue).

2-Prefix navigation works on tag searches, but whereas in the old version my prefix structure sorts as designed, on the new version it is inexplicably includes my tag stacks. 

I assume it is a bug in the collapsed sidebar feature, because the prefix search behaves as thought the sidebar is expanded.

Hopefully note link navigation will be restored soon . . .

Link to post

I don't fully understand what you are trying to do or which menu you are using. Clearly the coffee hasn't kicked in yet this morning.

Looking at tags there are four places you can search for tags. In the main tags menu and the edit tags menu EN finds the tags but keeps them in their hierarchy. This means that tags which do not meet your search criteria are displayed if they are part of the hierarchy that leads to a tag which does meet the criteria. I don't believe there is a way of selecting only tags which begin with the search term so I guess your prefixes never appear within the names of tags. I think it would be useful if we had the option for a simple alphabetical list or the hierarchy and I suggested this during the beta.

image.png.9f999d95bafb94ee052b27f51aa83ad6.png

You can search for tags is in the add tags at the bottom of a note. Here you do get a simple alpabetical list starting with the characters you have typed so far.

Lastly you can search for tags within the main search bar although you probably won't get all of them. Here they are listed alphabetically as well. I've no idea what criteria they use to select which tags are shown and this was raised in the beta as well.

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

image.png.9f999d95bafb94ee052b27f51aa83ad6.png

 

 

Your picture shows how it looks in version 10, but in the legacy version your tag search results would show without Outdoors or Garden (and without the indented O heading), which do not contain ANY part of your search, that's my point.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Your picture shows how it looks in version 10, but in the legacy version your tag search results would show without Outdoors or Garden (and without the indented O heading), which do not contain ANY part of your search, that's my point.

In other words you want a simple alphabetical list which is why I suggested that it should be an option to have either that or the hierarchy. I quite like the hierarchy.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mike P said:

I quite like the hierarchy.

An option is indeed need it.  I  think the forced hierarchy is probably related to the fact that selecting all child tags is the unchangeable default.

For me at least, seeing tags other than the ones I wish to see is useless, specially with a large number of nested child tags.

  • Like 1
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

An option is indeed need it.  I  think the forced hierarchy is probably related to the fact that selecting all child tags is the unchangeable default.

For me at least, seeing tags other than the ones I wish to see is useless, specially with a large number of nested child tags.

Completely agree. The search facility does give only relevent tags but not necessarily all of them until you have narrowed down your search sufficiently.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

The search facility does give only relevent tags but not necessarily all of them until you have narrowed down your search sufficiently.

If you mean the search for tags feature, that's the one I consider useless if I only want the parent tag and not the child tags.  

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...