The parent tag does not display the content of the nested tags.

Vitaliy Grinchuk

Idea

9 replies to this idea

9 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

The parent tag does not display the content of the nested tags.

I think this was always an option in the legacy version and I personally would not want the option.

If you slect a tag with child tags using the sidebar it selects all the child tags as your screencast shows and looks for notes which contain every tag. I can't see why anybody would want to add every single child tag to a note. The only way of selecting notes containing any of a list of tags is using the search syntax. If I choose one of my top level tags which has hundreds of sub tags I get this screen when all I wanted was to search on just the top level tag. There are ways of doing that through the main tags or filter menus but old habits die hard.

image.png.c9dd9bd22d58afa030e57016ced1ae16.png

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I think this was always an option in the legacy version and I personally would not want the option.

Let's say you are a reporter and keep statistics of crimes in your city. Murders, robberies, car thefts - for each type of crime, you add a corresponding tag. You also add additional tags to your notes: names of lawyers, judges, acquittals, etc. All these tags are combined into the "yourcity _crimes" tag group. This is a convenient way to structure data and cross-tag information to find the information you need. And now you want to look at the general situation in the city ... but no. An effective tagging system and its versatility is why I have been with EN for ten years.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

Let's say you are a reporter and keep statistics of crimes in your city.

Let's say we're not a reporter ...   
The child tag selection should be optional

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

At the same time EN uploaded 20 GB of data to the C drive. Please make it so that I choose where to save the data.

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to move a number of system folders that contain user data, like Documents, Downloads, Temp, and even the Users folder, to a different drive. 

I am not sure whether it would work after installing third party programs, but I know it works before doing so, that is, on a clean Windows computer.  I have done this in the past for all the above except the Users folder, works fine, but moving the Users folder would normally move the locations of Evernote data.

If you try it, make sure to back up everything first, although from the looks of your picture, maybe you may want to consider investing in a bigger drive.

8 hours ago, Vitaliy Grinchuk said:

Let's say you are a reporter and keep statistics of crimes in your city.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option, I'm just saying I personally wouldn't want it as default. The bigger problem at the moment is that you can't search for any tag without using the search syntax. So your crime reporter would only find notes that included all the crimes, all the lawyers, all the judges etc etc which is a complete nonsense.

20 minutes ago, Mike P said:

На данный момент более серьезной проблемой является то, что вы не можете искать какой-либо тег без использования синтаксиса поиска

Let me decide for myself which is more important to me: the familiar data structure or your important syntax problems. I am not telling you how to work with the information, but only informing the developers about a problem that was not in the old version. Your invaluable opinion, of course, is of great importance to me.