v10.1 not downloading...

agsteele

Idea

• Evernote Expert

@gbarry Some 15 hours since it was announced and v 10.1 hasn't appeared for me. I recall we had some issues like this with some of the Previews and Beta releases. I don't recall the solution.

Help | Check for Updates just says that I have v10.0.1 and this is the latest version

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Some 15 hours since it was announced and v 10.1 hasn't appeared for me.

I downloaded the version from www.evernote.com/download

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I downloaded the version from www.evernote.com/download

Yes, I could do that... I was hoping that the automatic upgrade issue that existed in the Beta phase might have been resolved...

22 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I was hoping that the automatic upgrade issue that existed in the Beta phase might have been resolved...

I gave up and downloaded it directly as well. The announcement did say it was being rolled out so I guess we are just low priority. While we know that Yorkshire is the centre of the known universe EN haven't caught on yet 🙂

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, agsteele said:

@gbarry Some 15 hours since it was announced and v 10.1 hasn't appeared for me. I recall we had some issues like this with some of the Previews and Beta releases. I don't recall the solution.

Help | Check for Updates just says that I have v10.0.1 and this is the latest version

Same here. I checked the logs and the logs state that it's a staged rollout that is so far only being offered to a small percentage of the total user base. This is quite typical when rolling out new software updates to catch unexpected problems early and avoid overwhelming support staff.

But, it's also frustrating for users who are aware of a new version and wish to upgrade right away in order to fix a bug or get access to an eagerly anticipated new feature. What Evernote should do IMHO is have the "check updates" menu option override the staged rollout. This is, for example, how Google handles Android operating system software updates. Google will slowly roll out Android software updates over the course of a few weeks, but anyone that wants it right away can get it by manually checking for updates.

In the meantime, I manually downloaded the latest as I had hoped it would solve some my pain points with the new Evernote.

• Evernote Expert

Well here's a thing...

I decided to give up waiting and did, as others have done, and downloaded v10.1 from the website. I also noticed that the site also points to the Microsfot app store as an option. I started there. 10.1.6 installed and opened without any problem. BUT v10.0 was still present on my PC as a separate installation.  So now I can open v6.25, 10.0 and 10.1 alongside one another ;)

I decided to stick with the desktop application. So ran the upgrade program and 10.0 became 10.1.  Now once the program is running I can click on the taskbar icon and it opens back to where I was last focused. However, if I, instead, double click a desktop icon or launch from the start menu (and the program is already running) it opens on a window inside the program headed SHARED WITH ME rather than the notebook I was previously inside.

That seems to be an oddity... Anyone else tried this? Experienced this?

@gbarry @Austin G

16 hours ago, Mike P said:

I gave up and downloaded it directly as well. The announcement did say it was being rolled out so I guess we are just low priority. While we know that Yorkshire is the centre of the known universe EN haven't caught on yet 🙂

I'm just astonished that someone from Yorkshire is paying for premium 🤣🤣

My desktop & studio PC updated automatically from 10.1 to 10.6 or whatever it is but my laptop didn't.... had to download and do a manual install. Maybe a bug floating around.

• Haha 1