I successfully downgraded to iOS evernote 8.24.6 through the method provided by Apple.

vegerote

Idea

Today I downgraded the iOS app to the old version through Apple's official method, and got the excellent experience of the past, and I have been using the old version of macOS.

Evernote.8.24.6.ipa file can be downloaded through itunes.

It can be installed through itunes or AppleConfigurator2 (macOS)

---

I am also a software engineer, so I know the current status of cross-platform technology. I have to say that this time Evernote's decision to unify the entire end is very wrong, because so far no technology can achieve cross-platform and good experience at the same time, only one of them can be chosen. At present, there is no company's product that achieves cross-platform uniformity, just because the existing technology cannot.

For example, Notion, although he has Mac and Windows versions, his experience is equally bad, and Notion is essentially a web product.

However, if Evernote is also positioning itself as a pure web product, then Evernote's long-standing reliability does not exist, and only web products are not reassuring. Reliability is also the core competitiveness of Evernote.

Cross-platform technology is very immature now, and it is disappointing to make products with immature technology, especially for companies like Evernote that have a large number of users and have the most valuable data of users.

Those who think the new version of Evernote is easy to use are definitely not heavy users of Evernote. If you just use Evernote as an experience product and toy-I would also think it's not bad. If it is a productivity tool, Evernote 10 is completely ***** (maybe this term is a bit too much).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 replies to this idea

On 10/15/2020 at 6:05 PM, vegerote said:

Today I downgraded the iOS app to the old version through Apple's official method, and got the excellent experience of the past, and I have been using the old version of macOS.

Evernote.8.24.6.ipa file can be downloaded through itunes.

It can be installed through itunes or AppleConfigurator2 (macOS)

---

I am also a software engineer, so I know the current status of cross-platform technology. I have to say that this time Evernote's decision to unify the entire end is very wrong, because so far no technology can achieve cross-platform and good experience at the same time, only one of them can be chosen. At present, there is no company's product that achieves cross-platform uniformity, just because the existing technology cannot.

For example, Notion, although he has Mac and Windows versions, his experience is equally bad, and Notion is essentially a web product.

However, if Evernote is also positioning itself as a pure web product, then Evernote's long-standing reliability does not exist, and only web products are not reassuring. Reliability is also the core competitiveness of Evernote.

Cross-platform technology is very immature now, and it is disappointing to make products with immature technology, especially for companies like Evernote that have a large number of users and have the most valuable data of users.

Those who think the new version of Evernote is easy to use are definitely not heavy users of Evernote. If you just use Evernote as an experience product and toy-I would also think it's not bad. If it is a productivity tool, Evernote 10 is completely ***** (maybe this term is a bit too much).

As it has been years since I did a backup of my iPhone (my bad) I do not have an old copy of the ipa-file in iTunes.

Are you able to upload it for download?

With best