We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

I've been using Evernote since 2015. It seems I lost 2 years of Notes after the update happened. I use it daily Mon-Friday. Suddenly now I am missing two years of notes. Any tips here on what to do? Trying not to panic. 

Edit: I have been doing periodic hard drive backups, but I have never exported out to .enex (reading about this now - seems it's a step I didn't do as I trusted that my data wouldn't randomly disappear on me...)

• Like 1

Did not realize that my evernote had stopped synching a couple of weeks ago. The update last night logged me out, and now I have lost all of my notes from the past month. Is there any way to recover these?

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem - it seems my evernote stopped synching without me realizing.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, killerapple said:

Any tips here on what to do?

I would check the web version of EN because that should be an accurate reflection of what is on the server.

Unfortunately what I see there is same on desktop - missing two years of data. It's so bizarre. :( It was all fine before this weekend update.

• Like 2

A ton of my research notes from class, poetry and other things... GONE. I'm panicking!

Anyway to recover them?

• Sad 1

@LSH2000 @icharles15

Thank you for reaching out!

When you go to the Web Client, do you see all of your notes/notebooks there?

Let me know as this will better enable me to determine how best to proceed.

I am also missing a TON of notes and research for school. Is there any way to recover them?

Hello

3 hours ago, Shane D. said:

@LSH2000 @icharles15

Hello, unfortunately I don't. How should  I proceed?

3 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

Hi, Web Client view for me does not show my Notes that are missing after the update. It's like two years are gone, after the recent update.

34 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

@LSH2000 @icharles15

Mine isn't showing my previous notes on the we browser version either - could you also dm me with further instructions?

I too lost all my notes when I upgraded to a new edition of Evernote. Any Idea how to get them back? I tried restoring old backup but that didn't even help.

Just an update that I was provided fantastic support and my situation got resolved - I was able to retrieve my notes. Thank you, Evernote team!

EDIT: I can't reply to posts for 24 hours or reply to stuff in my inbox (5 msgs a day so maxxed out) so sharing for everyone - I'm a Windows user. What sorted out my issue was installing the legacy version (link below), which indeed had all my old stuff (whew), then re-open the new one (I could have both open), I watched it magically sync, then I made sure that any local Notes were then migrated over. I hope this works for you all. I'm optimistic it'll get fixed for everyone who had a similar issue.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I also realized my notes had stopped syncing - at first I thought it was for the last month but it was only the last week.  I got lucky this time - I love evernote but this is a showstopper!!  Please let me know if there is any way to recover my lots notes and how to prevent in the future

I had Evernote in my Mac. I updated the account and logged in via google I lost all my notes. Please Help!

3 hours ago, killerapple said:

Just an update that I was provided fantastic support and my situation got resolved - I was able to retrieve my notes. Thank you, Evernote team!

How? Can you please help me

9 hours ago, Shane D. said:

@SueM65 @Paul Nelson I'll be reaching out to you directly via DM very shortly.

can u help me too? i lost everything *crying*

14 hours ago, killerapple said:

EDIT: I can't reply to posts for 24 hours or reply to stuff in my inbox (5 msgs a day so maxxed out) so sharing for everyone - I'm a Windows user. What sorted out my issue was installing the legacy version (link below), which indeed had all my old stuff (whew), then re-open the new one (I could have both open), I watched it magically sync, then I made sure that any local Notes were then migrated over. I hope this works for you all. I'm optimistic it'll get fixed for everyone who had a similar issue.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

OMG! It worked! Thank you so much ❤️

• Like 1

Hi All,

If you're encountering this issue, please try the following.

Go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314 and download the legacy Evernote for Windows app

1. After install, open the app and sign in.
  2. At this time, you should be able to see your notes and sync.

If you can't sign in, see the steps below:

1. Select File > Sign out to view the Evernote login screen
  2. Select: Ctrl+Shift+E while viewing the login screen. to see a list that shows your email and username
  3. Select smarquet8

This will create a new folder on your Desktop that contains a separate .enex file for each notebook within that account. After logging into Evernote you have two options to import the notes:

1. Double click the .enex to open it in Evernote. This will automatically import those notes into your account's default notebook.
  2. Select: File > Import > Evernote Export Files, and select the .enex file. Each .enex will import as a separate notebook.

If you're still encountering issues, please let me know.

Hello, I am encountering the same issues too! I lost all my university notes after the recent update and was so devastated that I couldn't find it anywhere (my notes also stop syncing for a very long time). I tried searching in the trash but there's none. I tried logging into the Evernote Web too, but the website seems to have a problem. After logging in, they only showed me a blank page. 'm so lost right now...

I really need help as those notes are important to me.

I've tried both approaches:  legacy and importing .enix file. Neither worked. I was previously enrolled under another email address that I was finally able to change in Evernote to current email address. Could that have something to do with my problem? I would really like to recover my previous notes.

During the Windows Evernote 10 update installation I was told that imported notes will not be retained. I didn't take the program up on the option to back these up (my fault).

After disliking the performance of the new Evernote, I uninstalled it and reinstalled Evernote Legacy.

Evernote Legacy still shows an Imported Notes folder but it is empty. Android app shows no Imported Notes folder.

I don't even know what an imported notes folder is for, and why I had some notes in it. I was under the impression that all of my notes would be sync'd with the server. A quick search of imported notes in Evernote help and in google didn't enlighten me.

I don't think I have  lost many notes, perhaps just a few, but I would like to know whether I have definitely lost something (that was in imported notes), and why I have lost it (why did I have some notes in imported notes), and whether I might be able to recover them.

23 minutes ago, flanimal said:

I don't even know what an imported notes folder is for, and why I had some notes in it

Just guessing - I get an Imported Notes notebook when importing from an .enex file   
It's a Local Notebook and Local Notebooks are no longer supported in v10

18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Just guessing - I get an Imported Notes notebook when importing from an .enex file   
It's a Local Notebook and Local Notebooks are no longer supported in v10

Thanks for your response. I don't recall ever importing an .enex file - I never have had reason to. But if that's the only explanation for the existence of imported notes, then I guess I must have. I used to save Windows system image backups of my laptop (until it stopped working in Windows). If I fish the evernote db out of one of those, I might be able to restore whatever was in my Evernote imported notes folder...

I've had a similar experience. I woke up this morning to a new version of evernote. I didn't click update or anything and it just updated. All of my notes since October 1st are gone. How do I get them back? 

I had the same issue, although luckily I only lost 16 days worth of notes. I've now installed the legacy version, got all my missing notes back, and I'll make sure I back them up now! Thank you Shane D.!!

2 hours ago, Shane D. said:

@flanimal

Does your experience sound like this?

OMG. thank you!!! The link to reinstall the legacy app worked. Files from last night were still there. Sync'd, and now they show up on web login & new app... although I don't see a Sync button on the new app. 

2 hours ago, Shane D. said:

@flanimal

Does your experience sound like this?

No. I know why my notes are missing (they were in the imported notes folder). I just don't know why I ever had notes in the imported notes folder, and wonder whether there is a way to recover them. The loss is my fault - I had the chance to backup imported notes at the Evernote 10 installation but neglected to do so.

There must have been some new update and all my notes that were saved before, have no been deleted. I don't know how to regain them again 

This should be a simple fix, but 'it isn't clear to me how.

I opened Evernote on Windows10. Evernote had updated and required me to log in. I logged in on web then on Win10. When I logged in, my notes appeared to be from a date long ago and everything since then was gone. I need to get my notes back to the point right before the update, which was just the other week. Help!

@Shane D.

I opened evernote today, after a recent update (I think it updated last night; v 10.1.7) and at least one note which I had worked on earlier this week is missing. It is not in the trash and it is not on the web version. Just poof gone. Is there a way to get my note(s) back?

------Update-----

I downloaded the legacy app and found my note. I tried syncing, but the note still won't show up on the web version? What do I do to get it onto the new version of Evernote? (I have to say, I like the old app better...)

Edited by Helena@Work
update

Help! I installed Evernote Legacy, signed in, saw my missing notes, clicked sync aaaannd GONE! It synced the wrong way. Now Evernote Legacy is also missing notes.

These posts are not clear enough. Someone please, please help! Tell me there's still a fix.

@pscotth I'll be reaching out directly to gather more information.

@theresameyer@timeout.com This sounds very much like you might have signed-in to a new/different Evernote Account. Can you double check that you are using the exact same credentials you used when you setup your 3-year old account? Feel free to reach out to me directly if you're still having trouble.