New update is- how do I remove it?

t8769

Idea

I have never seen an software update that has made so many things worse, taken away good things and replaced them with bad things. 

Old version, easy to remove column on left, now this has to be done manually every time.
I don't want a Colum on the left, but have to click Expand Note every single time, it does not remember my settings. 
This is insane, it is also very annoying.

Where do I remove spellcheck, no options I can find. Old version, this was easy to do

How do i remove the editing bar, in the old version this was easy to do.

It is very slow opening, old version very fast

No customise button, so I cannot get rid of Share, only you, insert - all things I do not want

Can anyone tell me how to get back to the old version?

Instead of making this quicker, simpler and more easy to use, it is slower, more complicated and more difficult to use.

Why?

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

I have many of the problems you bring up too. 

Also, Evernote starts on the "shared with me" tab. Like you say @t8769: It doesn't remember the settings! I mean, it should start from the last tab that was open, or "all notes".

Only thing I'm happy with is the dark mode! 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:37 AM, t8769 said:

I have never seen an software update that has made so many things worse, taken away good things and replaced them with bad things. 

Old version, easy to remove column on left, now this has to be done manually every time.
I don't want a Colum on the left, but have to click Expand Note every single time, it does not remember my settings. 
This is insane, it is also very annoying.

Where do I remove spellcheck, no options I can find. Old version, this was easy to do

How do i remove the editing bar, in the old version this was easy to do.

It is very slow opening, old version very fast

No customise button, so I cannot get rid of Share, only you, insert - all things I do not want

Can anyone tell me how to get back to the old version?

Instead of making this quicker, simpler and more easy to use, it is slower, more complicated and more difficult to use.

Why?

Get the legacy version.  I have for now whilst I look for an alternative.  Nimbus looks good.  Cannot believe Evernote have destroyed their own product.