Request please improve edit "date of creation" in note details (enable copy & paste)

stocky2605

Idea

First, thank you for bringing back the capability to change the creation date of a note. But, there is room for improvement, please.

I'm used to use copy / paste, e. g. from an email header, to set creation date AND time of a note - this was easy to do in V7 on Mac. Now, we have this good looking date and time selector. I like this approach, but need also the good old copy / paste - just try to set the creation date to July 1st, 2003 (archive a legacy document) - a lot of action needed using the mouse and the selector.

Imagine how easy it is to just paste "29. Juli 2020 um 15:42:54 MESZ" into that field and you're done.

1409644288_Bildschirmfoto2020-10-15um10_00_53.thumb.jpg.9f75fd383aaf9f51b245732170e4f5f9.jpg

• Like 7

10 replies to this idea

I agree... inability to paste a date in there really slows things down, especially when you are editing to a date that was months ago. 

This is one of several unusual decisions made around date selection across the new apps. I also dislike the scroll wheel date selector for reminders in iOS. 

• Like 2

Agree with the comment from hpuype and stocky2605!

I was used to navigate through the info popup with the tabulator key and change the different information of a note.

Using a mouse to choose the created date is just a break in my daily process and makes the work with Evernote very inefficient.

Please also make the notebook editable as I was also used to change it during tapping through the info pop up.

I went back to the old version of Evernote due to all this new features.

• Like 1

another +1 for this - I sometimes upload old information like birth certificates or marriage certificates for genealogy - I want to set the 'Created' date to the date of the document (eg 28 March 1910) - having to scroll back months in the date picker would take days as you can't even switch the year then pick the month - you literally have to go back one month at a time.

Really need to be able to overtype in the date field without having to use the picker

Even better I remember a Windows version of Evernote a few years ago had these as fields at the top of the note that could be edited rather than having to go into the Info field - even if it is a properties window that sits on a pane on the side that would be sooo much better than a pop up window.

• Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 4:15 AM, quercynomad said:

Even better I remember a Windows version of Evernote a few years ago had these as fields at the top of the note that could be edited rather than having to go into the Info field - even if it is a properties window that sits on a pane on the side that would be sooo much better than a pop up window.

Yes it was glorious when you could access this information directly!