Problems with large PDF Files!

V10.0.10 Build 1838 Public

Today I found an old note containing a 25 MB PDF file as attachment. The problems:

• Evernote V10.0 shows this file condensed as „attachment“. And I was not able to expand this file to full view (Single page or All Pages).
  • When I did a search, no content was found in this file.

And in the old Client V6.25 ?

• I was able to expand this PDf File to full view.
  • When condensed as „attachment“, content of the PDF File was found.

Now I suspect that there are size limitations for PDF files and other attachments in the new Evernote 10.0. This is not good news for all users who use this app as file storage.

Please, Evernote staff, can you document the maximum file sizes for attachments?

• Like 5

This is extremely worrying if that runs out to be true. How many more things are people going to find wrong with the new Evernote?

only two days ago I had the first instance of Evernote corrupting a PDF after annotating it. This never happened before in over 10 years of use, on version 10.0.10 it happened on the second day. Evernote heard about this and reached out to me to help see what happened but then disappeared and stopped contacting me. The pdf file was only 1.5meg though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

@Pacherl There may be another issue: Basic accounts have a limitation of 25MB per note. If the attachment has already 25MB, not much is left for note- and metadata. If the clients treat content differently, it may be that ist hits a wall in the newer clients.

Maybe check another note with (say) a 20MB attachment.

I raised a support ticket for this happening on the web version and was told that files above 20mb now only show as attachments but there are plans to allow bigger files as pages in the pipeline.

• Like 2