(Archived) What use affects monthly usage?

I am considering using Evernote as a PC-based client exclusively; never syncing, never uploading, never utilizing its mobile features. Will simply operating the software on my desktop affect monthly usage? Will I still face storage limitations? Will the program cease to open or to save notes if I have reached my monthly usage limit for the month?

Please pardon my ignorance--and thanks in advance for helping to reduce it. ;)

-unpoedic

If you create a note in a normal (synchronized) notebook on the Windows client, the client will keep track of the size of that note and mentally "count" that against your monthly upload allowance until you actually synchronize it. This is important so that if you have actually uploaded 35MB of data, the client will prevent you from trying to create two 8MB notes and then have the synchronization fail in a painful way.

So if you really only want to use Evernote as a local application with no backups of any of your data synchronized to our service, you'll want to create Local-only notebooks. Notes created in those notebooks won't be counted against your upload allowance in any way.

Ah, I see!

With your explanation I am also glad to realize notes can be transferred between notebook types (from local-only to syncronized and vice versa) in the event I ever have the opportunity (a.k.a. the mobile service) to utilize Evernote's synchronizing features (certainly ideal)--I wouldn't need to redo all my content to make the transition.

Thank you, Dave! Consider my ignorance reduced. ;)

-unpoedic

Archived