If the PC and iOS versions are the same, might as well get rid of your PC

What's the point of even having a desktop computer? Evernote has apparently decided to become a mobile app company - I could have saved a bundle and bought an iPod Touch since Evernote works the same on both devices. Really no advantage in running it on a computer any more.

Evernote used to be one of the best things I've ever owned. It was so useful. I'm so disappointed.

Erm, unless i am missing iPad functionality (which I don’t rule out) they are not entirely the same.  For instance you can have multiple notes on the desktop, it has merge options etc.  I find myself using the desktop for major work and the iPad for minor stuff.  I would be happy if my iPad can open multiple notes or if i could merge my journals from ios but I don’t think i can yet. 

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, SalmanPak said:

since Evernote works the same on both devices. Really no advantage in running it on a computer any more.

I have increased functionality using a Mac; I still consider my iPad as supplemental

I do appreciate the increased functionality v10 is bringing to our mobile devices

• Level 5

The desktop version still offer significantly more functions, especially to work on several notes at once. I appreciate new functions of the iOS app, like supporting tag hierarchy and the new editor.

On all platforms there is a continued need to solve some bugs and add missing functions.

In addition to the other commenters who made important points about working with notes and moving them around, one of the most critical aspects is that the notes are saved on your desktop machine, meaning you always have access to them and can never lose them (assuming you maintain good back up practices). You can keep some of your notes on your tablet, but only everything would go on your desktop. Tha's a highly useful feature.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Marc Pfeiffer said:

You can keep some of your notes on your tablet, but only everything would go on your desktop.

I maintain a full set of data on both my iPad and Mac

I currently run data backups on my Mac (pre v10)
I understand v10 has introduced problems with backing up data
however I expect backups will remain a Windows/Mac function