Jump to content

Web Clipper Add-In disappeared from Outlook 365


Recommended Posts

On 10/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, MPL said:

I discovered the same. The only solution I have found is to update Evernote on one PC and not the other. 

 

On 10/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, MPL said:

I discovered the same. The only solution I have found is to update Evernote on one PC and not the other. 

To be fair that's not really a solution though, just a workaround for an Evernote stuff-up

Link to comment

I am having same problem it seems. Before I could copy email from Outlook 365 on PC to Evernote by clinking on icon in Outlook tool bar. I just upgraded to new version of Evernote on PC and Evernote icon is now gone and I can't see to get it back. Checked Add-ins and it is Evernote is not on Add-in list. Evernote please help.   

Link to comment
On 10/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, Gszeluga said:

This is a major problem for me. Can anyone from technical help us out with this?

 

This is a very big concern for me as well. With the latest update the Evernote Outlook (desktop) extension disappeared.  This extension is critical to my workflow and for the workflow of my team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The ability to file my outlook emails into evernote is crucial, without that addin in outlook, evernote is useless to me.  Please fix this.  I also do not like the fact that I can't control how I see my information.  I liked having the preview of my notes at the bottom.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I have the same experience as these other users. From everything I can find, the feature is no longer available as an Evernote add-in. If I had to guess, It is because of the rise of One Note. My workaround has been to print the emails to pdf and they make them a note. Any other experiences out there welcome.

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Jack R. Perry said:

My workaround has been to print the emails to pdf and they make them a note. Any other experiences out there welcome.

I've been using a different workaround: just copy/paste the email content into Evernote. I think that's generally a little quicker and the resulting notes are easier to search and read.

But we still need the Outlook Clipper feature back!

Link to comment

Mark A. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Oct 29, 2020, 10:13 PDT

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to Evernote Customer Support. My name is Mark. I'll do my best to help you today.

I understand that after updating the Evernote app on Windows device, the Outlook clipper is no longer working.

With the introduction of the new Evernote for Windows app, we made the decision to discontinue support for Outlook Clipper and we won’t be making any further updates to this add-on. The alternative and recommended solution is to use the Evernote for Outlook add-on, which is a separate installation that will allow you to have the same type of Outlook integration that you do now.

To learn more, visit this Help & Learning article: How to use Evernote for Outlook.

Did you know? In the new Evernote, you can use filters to help you find what you need faster. You can apply one or more filters by clicking the filters button at the top right of the note list. Learn more >>

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Sincerely,

Mark A.
Customer Support Representative

Link to comment
1 hour ago, StephenMcmillian said:

module complémentaire Evernote pour Outlook,

J'ai trouvé une solution qui contourne ce problème en passant par l'application que j'utilise sur mon smartphone Samsung. J'utilise K-9 Mail et lorsque j'y ouvre un e-mail, dans le bas de l'écran la double flèche vers la gauche offre la  proposition de répondre, ou transférer, mais aussi de partager, et dans ce dernier cas je trouve l'icone d'Evernote si installé sur le smartphone.

Bonne chance à tous.

Link to comment
On 11/2/2020 at 6:20 AM, StephenMcmillian said:

"With the introduction of the new Evernote for Windows app, we made the decision to discontinue support for Outlook Clipper and we won’t be making any further updates to this add-on. The alternative and recommended solution is to use the Evernote for Outlook add-on, which is a separate installation that will allow you to have the same type of Outlook integration that you do now."

Hey @Mark A.

As far as I can tell the "Evernote for Outlook" only adds an extension to the online version of Outlook and not the Windows version of Outlook.

This doesn't help at all.

Are you trying to say that there is an app somewhere that I can install on Windows that will add in a clipping thinggy to my Outlook for Windows Desktop that I use?

If there is not, this is a major incentive to look to someone other than Evernote for a solution for notes, etc.

Help!

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Congratulations Evernote!! ... you have gone from a product that I continuously praised and recommended to everyone to a product that I am ready to throw out of the window.  I am majorly stressed I hate using outlook.com rather than my normal desktop outlook 2016.  My ability to tag, file, add reminders to my emails has become a nightmare.  The new version of evernote .... really .... has it even been tested before release?  I don't like my view options, I can't change my date format to dd/mm/yy, I can't sort my notes by reminder date, the search facility has gone from simple and effective to difficult and extremely frustrating.  The columns in my notes do not stay at the width that I want.  The list goes on ..... fix it or I am looking for something else.  Considering that I have been using Evernote for years happily keeping everything under control and now it is a disaster.  Have you heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"   I want my old version back (and I don't mean the legacy version either)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi Mr Pingouino

I also have the add-on in my outlook 2016, but it only works with the legacy version of Evernote, it does not work with the lastest version.

 

I have just uninstalled legacy evernote and the add-on in outlook 2016 has disappeared.

Edited by rosepetal
added information
Link to comment

Please explain how one does these things. Precisely how does one go backwards to Evernote 6.25 if that brings back the ability to send emails from Windows 10 Outlook to Evernote? Not all of us are familiar how to do these things. It does seem that Evernote has made significant and important negative changes without informing users. This is always not a good thing. Thank you to all the users for helping the rest of us with this issue. It certainly speaks very poorly of Evernote support.          

Link to comment
Just wanted to chime in that this is a devastating decision for me too. Completely disrupts my workflow on my work computer which has standalone Outlook installed (to be precise, it's Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO, 64-bit, part of the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus subscription product). The Evernote Clipper add-on was crucial to filing emails into Evernote efficiently.
 
My company locks down the settings, so I can't access to the web version of Outlook, and even if I could, I can't install the new add-in through the Microsoft App Store ("Sorry, Microsoft 365 has been configured to prevent individual acquisition of Office Add-ins."). I asked IT for an exception, but they said it's determined at the corporate level and due to contract requirements they can't/won't open it up.
 
I downgraded back to 6.25 but the clipper didn't reinstall correctly so I'm still dead in the water. At this point, I'm researching alternates to Evernote and see how to migrate all my Evernote data to the a platform (probably OneNote, but maybe another). 
 
Very, very disappointed Evernote Plus user here. :(
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

My solution -so -far: Outlook (Office365) W10 using older version of EN - If no option to "open in browser" is in email is to open, copy, and  paste and into new note.

You can alwaysforward to EN.  I use notebook .Incoming so it is the top notebook.  I do not like that ability to do the pre-clippng selecetion of format and the ability to add remarksare missiing.

Elimination of he webclipper in desktop EN was a downgrade in my book.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
On 11/4/2020 at 7:45 AM, rosepetal said:

Congratulations Evernote!! ... you have gone from a product that I continuously praised and recommended to everyone to a product that I am ready to throw out of the window.  I am majorly stressed I hate using outlook.com rather than my normal desktop outlook 2016.  My ability to tag, file, add reminders to my emails has become a nightmare.  The new version of evernote .... really .... has it even been tested before release?  I don't like my view options, I can't change my date format to dd/mm/yy, I can't sort my notes by reminder date, the search facility has gone from simple and effective to difficult and extremely frustrating.  The columns in my notes do not stay at the width that I want.  The list goes on ..... fix it or I am looking for something else.  Considering that I have been using Evernote for years happily keeping everything under control and now it is a disaster.  Have you heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"   I want my old version back (and I don't mean the legacy version either)

Going back to Evernote Legacy will resolve the issue for now.  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

Link to comment
  • 5 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, NetJon said:

Hey @Mark A.

As far as I can tell the "Evernote for Outlook" only adds an extension to the online version of Outlook and not the Windows version of Outlook.

This doesn't help at all.

Are you trying to say that there is an app somewhere that I can install on Windows that will add in a clipping thinggy to my Outlook for Windows Desktop that I use?

If there is not, this is a major incentive to look to someone other than Evernote for a solution for notes, etc.

Help!

 

Hopefully you worked this out. What the always cryptic Evernote "communication" people didn't explain clearly is that once you add it on the web in your 365 account it does indeed appear on your desktop.  It actually is better than the old clipper widget in that it provides a dropdown for notebook and a place to search tags (why EN doesn't just give us a freaking tag dropdown I'll never know), and a place to add text.  I was angry too until I rebooted outlook and the functionality appeared.

Link to comment

@Mattofri I think that @Mark A is looking for something different. I could be wrong about that but what you're recommending is definitely different from what I've been looking for. And that is: the Evernote clipper that used to be available inside Microsoft Outlook. There used to be a ribbon button for Evernote inside of Outlook which expedited the process of copying and pasting from Outlook direct to Evernote. Alas, that is now gone and copying & pasting is more of a manual process.

I do have and I do use the Evernote web clipper for my browsers. That does work well and it's nice that you can choose a notebook while clipping.

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...

All, as disappointed as I was back in November I have continued to use EN.  It was a huge mistake not to bring the Outlook integration along with version 10.  

With that said, if you have version 10 loaded and you load an older version such as 6x, you can get the functionality back in outlook.  Install the version 6 and then close and reopen outlook 365 and go to add-ons.  It should be there again.  You now have both versions installed on your machine and they will both sync your notes.  

You can then choose to use version 10 or 6 but the outlook feature will work again.  Here's to EN learning its lesson.

Also, you can use your custom EN email to forward the email to as well, although its not as nice as the add on.

Good luck.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...