[Feature Released in Version 10.4] Top List View

TonyLim

Idea

I toggle between this Top List and Side List very often.  When I have the full screen, I will use Side List.  But, if I have Evernote on one side and Browser on the other side, I will use Top List.  Can we have this View Option back?

Image.png

• Like 3

21 replies to this idea

I keep my notebooks sorted by tag but as of the new version this no longer works - there is no option to sort by tag in the dropdown. This is vital to my workflow - I really hope they can fix this soon. Otherwise, can anyone recommend a different product that allows sorting by tag? Preferably one that doesn't force downgrades on paying customers? 😡

• Like 4

Agreed! Why on earth would this be removed in an upgrade Evernote?! The narrowing of the actual note is most unhelpful. Everything seems to be less efficient in this version, extra clicks everywhere too.

• Like 3

Not a fan of the new limited view options.  I prefer the list view with preview at bottom of list so that I can see all the additional details of lists like tags etc. which help me better arrange my Notes and organize tags.  Don't like being locked into list view with preview only on right side.  Seems like a step backwards.  Please bring back option to have list view up top and preview at bottom asap.

• Like 6

Agree. It is mind numbingly baffling why this simple of a concept even needs to be an idea. This is table stakes, and I am ready to abandon this platform if UX mistakes continue to be made. The latest update has completely reset everything for me on options too. Baffling choices.

I just upgraded to the new Evernote to find that there is no bottom preview pane!!!   Every other app that I use with a preview pane lets me configure this.

Why would you remove this functionality?  At least let us toggle it on or off depending on preference.

I can't use this the way it is.  Is it possible to reinstall the old version?

Thanks

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

V10 is being improved on, but still lacks a lot of classic features. In Windows / Mac and (from a repository site) Android it's possible to step back to the previous version. iOS updates aren't (yet) reversible. Desktops can run the legacy app alongside v10 so you can try out the new app but use legacy when you need to. This is the desktop link - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

5 hours ago, Tigerstripes said:

I don't see "tags" as a sort option. Am I missing something here?

No you're not mssing it. While you can control the fields that you can see in the list view you can still only sort by the rather limited choices. Hopefully this is something that can be reintroduced fairly easily in the future.

+1. Плохо, что список заметок не возможно отразить в табличной форме сверху, как это было в предыдущих версиях. В результате приходится выбирать, что мне важнее: видеть название заметок полностью или какие дополнительные метки присвоены заметке:

image.png.13a314041bd672b5467dc0d7d1d42d1d.png

image.png.4520d377f5b622f22d1c9ffd6b3c4235.png

I came here hoping to find out that the setting for "Top List View" was simply moved. Very disappointed to find that they have removed that view option. 

Thanks for the link to the legacy version - guess I'll be using that for the foreseeable future.

Why do you keep doing this? This is not the first time that you've arbitrarily decided to REMOVE a feature from the product. Who does that? Adding new features is great. But removing them? Different people use your product in different ways. Just because some UI designer decides he doesn't use it that way no one else will?

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Hi All,

This Top List View has now been added in our newest update, Version 10.4.

Learn more here:

Once you have updated to to Version 10.4, you can activate Top List View here:

CMX_-_Evernote_and_Evernote_for_Mac_10_4_-_Evernote_for_Mac_Requests__Versions_10_0_and_above__-_Evernote_User_Forum.png

I will now be closing this thread.

I've gone ahead and split out the requests for Side List View here:

If you have questions, or other ideas/feature requests, please start a new thread.

• Like 2