We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Too-frequent note conflicts (note duplicates), I'm so frustrated.

• Like 4

Yes, I've noticed the same. First note in new veresion and 3 conflicted copies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, molajusi said:

Too-frequent note conflicts (note duplicates), I'm so frustrated.

Same problem!  VERY FRUSTRATNG!!!  Hey Evernote!!!  STOP "Improving" things!  I just want to write a note and have my entry secure and accessible on my Windows laptop and iPhone.  THATS IT!  I don't need it to microwave a bowl of soup because you think that is a work related task (lunch break) YOU believe you need to address!  Nope, I got it, BUT now that you have insisted you need to heat my soup your program will not do THE MOST BASIC task... THE sole reason I use it... which is letting me write and edit a note and synchronize it back and forth between my laptop and iPhone!!!!!!!    THEN, Your fixes consistently make things worse!!!  Evernote worked awesome about a year ago.  The product in general was a 9 of 10.  For like the past 10 months it has CONSISTANTLY gone down hill and is now a 2 of 10!  WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE???  YOU have made your product worse and worse as you progressed.  Think of the windshield wiper.  It can not be improved upon!  NOBODY has found a better method to remove water from the windshield of an automobile  AND THAT'S OK AND IT WORKS GREAT!  I don't know what you are doing BUT YOUR Aqua inhibitor hydro forcefield moisture reduction thingy is NOT working!!!  GIVE ME MY WINDSHIELD WIPERS BACK!!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for reporting. Please provide your activity logs so we can take a look. If you can, please provide also some additional information that helps zero in on the issue. 

1. Time and date it happened
2. URL of the note that was duplicated. You can get that by going to Evernote Web, accessing the note and copying and pasting the URL in your response. 
3. How many conflicting copies did you have? @Mirtma65, I see you had 3. 

For logs, please follow these steps: 
1. Open the Evernote app and sync your account.
2. Go to **Help > Show Log Files** from the menu bar.
3. Zip all the files in the directory:
  1. Windows: Select all files > Right Click > Send to > Compressed (Zipped) Folder
4. Attached the zipped file to your DM to me. 

Thanks! 

This problem has been persistently reported in the Web client for many months, in fact in some form for several years:

I am beyond dismayed to think that it has been ported over into the new and disimproved Windows program. Frankly, I was afraid this would happen when I read that the new version is constantly syncing--which of course is what is and always has been associated with note duplication in the Web client. @Nick L., I know you were involved in the discussion linked to above, and gave some solid information there. Please, can you confirm whether this is the same issue with the same cause in the Windows program?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, jimsnyder8 said:

Same problem!  VERY FRUSTRATNG!!!  Hey Evernote!!!  STOP "Improving" things!  I just want to write a note and have my entry secure and accessible on my Windows laptop and iPhone.  THATS IT!  I don't need it to microwave a bowl of soup because you think that is a work related task (lunch break) YOU believe you need to address!  Nope, I got it, BUT now that you have insisted you need to heat my soup your program will not do THE MOST BASIC task... THE sole reason I use it... which is letting me write and edit a note and synchronize it back and forth between my laptop and iPhone!!!!!!!    THEN, Your fixes consistently make things worse!!!  Evernote worked awesome about a year ago.  The product in general was a 9 of 10.  For like the past 10 months it has CONSISTANTLY gone down hill and is now a 2 of 10!  WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE???  YOU have made your product worse and worse as you progressed.  Think of the windshield wiper.  It can not be improved upon!  NOBODY has found a better method to remove water from the windshield of an automobile  AND THAT'S OK AND IT WORKS GREAT!  I don't know what you are doing BUT YOUR Aqua inhibitor hydro forcefield moisture reduction thingy is NOT working!!!  GIVE ME MY WINDSHIELD WIPERS BACK!!!  

DM sent.

I have noticed when working on notes that Evernote 10 begins making duplicates of the note I am working on. By the time I am done I sometimes have to figure out which of the 2-4 notes is the correct one and Trash the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Tim Kowal (b) said:

I have noticed when working on notes that Evernote 10 begins making duplicates of the note I am working on. By the time I am done I sometimes have to figure out which of the 2-4 notes is the correct one and Trash the rest.

Same I noticed it too. I edited the title of the note on android and suddenly noticed there were 2 notes one with the old title and the other with the new one.

Same here. There was a long thread on this in Sept that was closed with no info explaining why it's happening or if there's a fix.

I have experienced the same. I also had a hard time taking notes.

I informed through the forum. Then EN asked me to send the log file to DM.

I received a reply after sending the log file. EN say "It's likely not going to be available in the next update, but shortly after that."

I am also seeing this issue where duplicate notes are created. I am not sure how to avoid this. It is extremely frustrating.

As you can see I have multiple versions of AWS training and hard to figure out which ones to use.

image.thumb.png.8aa17c1d98eadd6b83e3d1caa4380de0.png

Today I was updated to v.10.1.6 through MS Store.
I've been using it for about 3 hours. Note duplication did not happen.

Actually as I recall I believe I had one of the PDFs in the note open in Acrobat (a form) and was filling out the form when I duplication happened.

I'm having the same issue too with the iOS version.  It doesn't happen with all notes, just some notes when I start editing them, and it creates a duplicate, triplicate note.  Then it seems to think that there's a conflict among the notes, "note conflict."  This is a "plain" note, without attachments, no check boxes.  

I updated my Evernote for Windows today and all sort of bugs started happening. I'm really frustated, first with the bug that makes the note jump from bottom to top of the page when I'm writing. And now this one. 

On 10/8/2020 at 9:52 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@Nick L., I know you were involved in the discussion linked to above, and gave some solid information there. Please, can you confirm whether this is the same issue with the same cause in the Windows program?

Thank you for this comment, Dave. I get very frustrated when I report a problem to support, and instead of just responding, "this is a known issue, we are working on it," they ask me for my computer specs and activity logs as if it is a "my system" problem.

These bugs are wasting my time. Evernote, please do not make things worse by asking for more of my time by following your mindless "support" scripts.

To follow up on this I haven't noticed this duplication problem before the big update to the Mac version of Evernote.

I'm using the v10.1.7 update now.

In the meantime, there was a conflict of notes and duplication occurred.

Nothing has changed.

Hi All,

Please see @Nick L.'s instructions above if you're encountering this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

@Shane D. I think the main issue atleast in my case is the always sync in Evernote 10 desktop which is on and not available on the android version. This happens especially when both my desktop evernote 10 application is on and I am editing some note on my android device. When I quit my desktop application, I do not get duplicate notes issue. Could you look into this ?

I updated to the new Windows desktop version, this brought my work mostly to a standstill for two days now. And most of my work is organized around Evernote. Now I also have the duplicate notes issue, but combined with another effect which perhaps give you some hint. I was writing in a note and very often it disrupted my writing and jumped to the beginning of the note writing the last characters I had typed there. I had to manually go back to the place where I was writing to continue. This happened a lot, slowing down work considerably. Then when going back to work this morning I saw that Evernote had produced eight versions of the note as a result. Therefore, I have the impression that it has someting to do with syncing during my writing.

But what can I do about this? At the moment I am helping myself by working on another computer where the old version is still installed...

• Like 1

For what it's worth, in previous versions, I found most note errors, including duplication, were related to automatic sync right in the middle of my editing activities.  When I set it to manual sync only, I almost never saw that type of thing.   

I think those who claim the program can be set to work offline might be confusing what preferences does (it seems to simply do a  local backup).

20 hours ago, stephmag said:

I updated to the new Windows desktop version, this brought my work mostly to a standstill for two days now. And most of my work is organized around Evernote. Now I also have the duplicate notes issue, but combined with another effect which perhaps give you some hint. I was writing in a note and very often it disrupted my writing and jumped to the beginning of the note writing the last characters I had typed there. I had to manually go back to the place where I was writing to continue. This happened a lot, slowing down work considerably. Then when going back to work this morning I saw that Evernote had produced eight versions of the note as a result. Therefore, I have the impression that it has someting to do with syncing during my writing.

But what can I do about this? At the moment I am helping myself by working on another computer where the old version is still installed...

This is the exact same issue I have been experiencing on the Mac desktop version (10.1.7). The insertion point jumps to title bar and then a blue message popup appears saying "You have a duplicate note." Very annoying. Not doing any heavy lifting, just typing in a document with text, some images, small sound files and dividers. 

On 10/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, stephmag said:

I just deleted the new version and am back to using the legacy version for now. Here's the link to install it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JNester said:

I just deleted the new version and am back to using the legacy version for now. Here's the link to install it.

Yep, I think I also will go back, especially because of the topic I discussed in another thread (linked desktop notes only opening in web version). But when Evernote asks "Tell us why you want to go back since this version is the future of Evernote" I am slightly irritated :( I am using EN for ten years now and most of my work is organized around EN.