Search Notes (Option-Cmd-F) doesn't work

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Neither the menu option "Edit > Search Notes" nor the shortcut ⌥⌘F (Option-Command-F) does anything. I tried quitting and restarting the app, as sometimes it gets into a non-responsive state, to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue? 

On 10/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, Paul A. said:

Neither the menu option "Edit > Search Notes" nor the shortcut ⌥⌘F (Option-Command-F) does anything. I tried quitting and restarting the app, as sometimes it gets into a non-responsive state, to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Is your sidebar collapsed or expanded? If collapsed, we're issuing a fix for it in the next update. 

16 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Is your sidebar collapsed or expanded? If collapsed, we're issuing a fix for it in the next update. 

Sidebar collapsed. Thank you for confirming it will be fixed in the next update.

Quick question, if you don't mind: do beta users get access to minor updates faster than the masses? If so, is there any way to still get added to the Mac beta? I'm in the Android beta but most of my EN use is on Mac. I applied to the Mac beta program several months ago, when the Preview program was first introduced (and since re-applied when the Preview program turned into a Beta program).

Also, tangentially related to search, I have this design feedback:

image.thumb.png.b9978fd1647d564e66d92967b0d9283b.png

• Level 5

@Paul A.

Quick question, if you don't mind: do beta users get access to minor updates faster than the masses? If so, is there any way to still get added to the Mac beta? I'm in the Android beta but most of my EN use is on Mac. I applied to the Mac beta program several months ago, when the Preview program was first introduced (and since re-applied when the Preview program turned into a Beta program).

Yes, beta testers do get access/exposure to our newest features and app updates before they go to GA. You can sign-up to become a tester here https://evernote.com/betaprogram.

If you are selected as a tester, we'll send further instructions to you directly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

38 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

@Paul A.

Yes, beta testers do get access/exposure to our newest features and app updates before they go to GA. You can sign-up to become a tester here https://evernote.com/betaprogram.

If you are selected as a tester, we'll send further instructions to you directly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

As I said, I applied months ago (probably the first day or two after the program was unveiled) and only recently was invited to test Android.

I know this can't have been your decision to structure it this way, but I find the process for signing up and being "selected" very opaque and frankly quite irritating. Why isn't the beta selection process first-in first-out (FIFO)? Most other beta programs of which I've been a part of favor a FIFO method for selecting participants. And even if there are strong reasons for not doing it that way, every beta program that I've ever seen at least tends to strongly favor selecting participants who signed up earliest.