Desktop (Mac) New Version Won't Open Properly

Go to solution Solved by Nick L.,

This is regarding Evernote for MAC DESKTOP using OSX Catalina 10.15.6 (I'm an Evernote Business user, if that is helpful info)

When I downloaded the new version yesterday it opened fine and wasn't that hard to navigate. However today I opened it, and expanded a note (popped it out of the interface to edit it) and now I'm STUCK in that mode. Ack! Every time I hit the red button in the upper left corner of the note to close the note, it won't close. NOR can I get back to the app's "home screen" where I can see my menus, notes, notebook list, search window, etc. I even tried closing out of the app completely and re-opening it, but it still defaults to opening that one note again and the home screen is nowhere to be found.

Dammit, why can't new releases be tested thoroughly before launch? This is a pretty basic function and makes no sense at all. I have reverted back to the previous version but as I understand it, that is a temporary fix. I'm dumbfounded and really nervous about updating my app on Android now that I see this bug. Because at least if I'm desperate, I can always use my phone in a pinch. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Solution
On 10/12/2020 at 10:27 AM, monicaricciorganizer said:

This is regarding Evernote for MAC DESKTOP using OSX Catalina 10.15.6 (I'm an Evernote Business user, if that is helpful info)

When I downloaded the new version yesterday it opened fine and wasn't that hard to navigate. However today I opened it, and expanded a note (popped it out of the interface to edit it) and now I'm STUCK in that mode. Ack! Every time I hit the red button in the upper left corner of the note to close the note, it won't close. NOR can I get back to the app's "home screen" where I can see my menus, notes, notebook list, search window, etc. I even tried closing out of the app completely and re-opening it, but it still defaults to opening that one note again and the home screen is nowhere to be found.

Dammit, why can't new releases be tested thoroughly before launch? This is a pretty basic function and makes no sense at all. I have reverted back to the previous version but as I understand it, that is a temporary fix. I'm dumbfounded and really nervous about updating my app on Android now that I see this bug. Because at least if I'm desperate, I can always use my phone in a pinch. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for reporting this. This is certainly not the experience you should be having. I'm contacting you via direct message for more info. 

• 2 months later...

yeah - that doesn't work for me - i can maximize the note, or i can make it normal size with the icon in the upper left corner ... but i can't "shrink" or "close" it.  

it's so weird that they would add this new home screen, which is good, but then ... not actually provide a way to access it.