Notes Don't Load/Slow to Load: Pop-out notes (double-click from app)

I made the apparently mistake of updating last night (and now I need to figure out how to go back to 6.25). My notes look okay within the overall application, but when i double-click on a note, the pop-up window shows only the correct note title but nothing else in that window. I am used to being able to work with notes in that way, so that i can size them next to other material from which i am taking notes.

Is anyone else having this problem?

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi. I'd suggest (re)installing the legacy version and using that where v10 isn't yet ready. Install an older version of Evernote

Thank you, my friend. I will do just that. I guess I was just so excited by the new codebase that I wanted to give it a whirl. I've also noticed that clipping from the Web Clipper does a much poorer job than it does in 6.25.

I guess i should just stay in touch with this forum and gauge the community's endorsement of version 10 before installing.

• Like 1

Just double clicked on a note and it opened up in a new window OK... I could edit fine. Took about 2 seconds for the full note to appear.

I didn't realise you could do that so very useful feature to discover :)

I'm using the new windows app.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Just double clicked on a note and it opened up in a new window OK... I could edit fine. Took about 2 seconds for the full note to appear.

You've always been able to do that...

13 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Thank you for letting me know that. I double-clicked and went for coffee, so 10 minutes wasn't enough for it to bring up the note. I think i'll wait for a couple of updates to the 10 codebase before giving it another try. But, by the way, the lesser quality of clipping does have me worried. I wish i had a second machine on which to experiment with the new version.

• Like 2

I faced a similar situation today for the first time since I installed Evernote 10. It wasn`t affecting only opening a note in a new window, but all notes wouldn`t be able to refresh its content.  Restarting evernote client hasn`t resolved the situation, instead I went to the task manager to stop any evernote task running and my problem got resolved.  I`ll try to pay more attention about what leads to this, or what else could be attempt to resolve the situation.

• Like 1