Updated header styles don’t persist between notes

xmasmoneky

Idea

Love the new ability to use header styles in notes.

I edited a note and added large, medium, and small headers. I changed the font-size of the headers and used the “Update header to match style” option to set a new style for all my headers.

Within that note - highlighting text and applying a header style correctly used my custom header style. However in a different note - applying the header style used the default Evernote header style vs. the custom one I created. 

Is it a bug that my custom header styles don’t persist between notes?  Or is that on purpose?

9 replies to this idea

Finally switched permanently to the new Evernote (the Tasks Early Access pushed me over the edge!).

However - now the custom header styles is bugging me again :)  Once I update the header styles in a note, I'd love those styles to persist between notes.  Instead - my custom styles apply within a single note only.

Is there a way to update the default header styles for all notes?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, xmasmoneky said:

Is it a bug that my custom header styles don’t persist between notes?  Or is that on purpose?

I would say by design

I moved the discussion to the requests forum   
Users can indicate support using the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

I rarely use headers in my notes.   
imho  It's more of a word processing thing   
I knew about the header styles; surprised at a customization option

15 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Support don't (always) react to posts here.  Best to raise this as a direct request - if you're a subscriber - and post the result..  https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

Ah ok. I posted in the v10 Bugs forum (but the topic was moved here). I can file a ticket with support directly, just thought if I posted others might have insight or +1 the issue. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, xmasmoneky said:

Is there a way to update the default header styles for all notes?

I don't believe so. The work around is to create a note as you want it and then either set it up as a template or use it as your own informal template and just copy or duplicate it to create a new note.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Jermeie said:

same question here. Surprised that style doesn't persist between notes. Not a very useful feature if it applies to only one note only. 

Hi.  You're posting in a 2-year old thread which already provided the answer.  Use templates