Issue - Corrupted pdf with annotation

Go to solution Solved by Nick L.,

Okay, this is getting much worse:

10/10/2020 @ 14:45
I tried annotating a perfectly good, completely working, non corrupt .pdf file in Evernote 10 and after I had hit save, instead of being able to display the .pdf, it showed this graphic below instead reading: "Couldn't display this PDF file".
Why on earth?

I subsequently found out it actually destroyed the original .pdf file !!!, no going back to it.

What on earth is going on here. Evernote 10 for Mac is not fit for purpose.

I am not happy with Evernote 10 for Mac to say the least.

The top screenshot is from Evernote 10 after making a very minor annotation to a .pdf file. As you can see I can no longer look at it.

So I opened the note again and double clicked on the enclosed .pdf file image and found out after it tried to open it in Preview and failed, that I'm now being told by preview that the file is damaged. Damaged by Evernote! This is shocking. Have I lost trust in Evernote looking after my files. This had better not happen again. What more do I need to say, I am forced to start looking around for alternatives and I've been a paid customer for over 10 years. Things like this simply can't happen, my data is too important to me.

It's even implied by Evernote that the older versions will stop working (at some point) so then what will we do. I simply can't afford to use this version.

I have really enjoyed using Evernote for the last 10 years, recommended it many many times and suddenly this update to 10 for Mac after a very long wait as you all know, is shockingly bad is so many ways, I can't recommend this. I'm so glad they sorted out their back end, it's the front end that I'm worried about, the bit all their users use every single day, for the last 10+ years, taking care of my most important data. It's a trust thing.

image-1.png

image.png

Thank you Nick, I love Evernote and I've never seen this happen before in over 10 years so to say it worried me is a little of an understatement because it was within a very short time of using 10.0.10

I'm experiencing a number of issues and missing some (to me) vital to my work flow, keyboard shortcuts, plus some odd user interface choices.

• Solution
4 hours ago, MrIllustrator said:

Thank you Nick, I love Evernote and I've never seen this happen before in over 10 years so to say it worried me is a little of an understatement because it was within a very short time of using 10.0.10

I'm experiencing a number of issues and missing some (to me) vital to my work flow, keyboard shortcuts, plus some odd user interface choices.

Thanks! I direct messaged you through the Forum asking for some additional info. I'll dig into this more as soon as I can get that additional info. Much appreciated.