Add word to Dictionary

aaInman

Idea

Lots of us use unique words in our industries that show as misspelled in spell check. Would like the feature of right-click word >> Add to dictionary. 

Kindest regards,

Alan

• Like 8

20 replies to this idea

Honestly, they cannot have thought removing this was a good idea. It's so irritating to not be able to add the technical words I need to use into the dictionary to get rid of the red underlined words. It must have been a mistake not to include it. 

Please can this be fixed soon?

• Like 3

As a host for Dungeons and Dragons I 100% agree, autocorrect gets on my nerves a little bit lol.

"What do you mean Lycanthropy isn't a word!? >:["

Other than that awesome app, a lot better than using Notepad.

I recently sent a request into Evernote via customer service. In order to get this issue more attention, and make them more likely to add the "Add to Dictionary" feature back, please use what ever channels of communication you can to politely request the feature back. I explained to them there are a lot of industry specific words I encounter, and it gets difficult or at the very least annoying when my notes are filled with tens or hundreds of "mispelled" words. Remember to state your case calmly, clearly, and politely. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

C'mon Evernote! Each iteration of your "updates" is worse than the last. I want to go back to the 2016 version. Why did you drop "Add Word to Dictionary"? I keep notes in multiple languages and add a lot of proper nouns that I repeat frequently. It would be nice for my notes not to be a cacophony of red underlines. 

• Like 2

I'd like to add my voice to the number of people mystified why such an obvious and pre-existing facility has been dropped. Please reinstate it. I, too, find the 'improvements' retrograde. Please stop trying to make everything look snazzier and just give us functionality.

SOOOOO frustrating to have the "add to dictionary" feature taken away. I hope it was an oversight on their part to not have it included in the "upgraded new and improved" version. Please bring it back!!!!

It seems like a workaround for this is to add the word in question to the dictionary in a different app that does have this feature, like a text editor.  I tried that and the next time I wrote the word in Evernote, it didn't get marked wrong and all of the other usages of the word in the note became "correct" (no red squiggles). Obviously, it would be better to get this feature back in Evernote itself.

Please add back the ability to add a word to the dictionary. It is very annoying to have words flagged for spelling errors when they are correctly spelled and not recognized by your dictionary. Please also add the ability to allow the user to add the meaning for the word.