Why did you remove Context?

Missing Context

Idea

7 replies to this idea

On 10/10/2020 at 3:38 AM, Missing Context said:

Why did you remove Context? That was a Premium feature!

Same question:  do you plan to restore  premium Context feature?!!  

• Like 3

Same question. Do you plan to restore “Context” / “Related Notes”? You can’t be removing features we rely upon and act like we won’t notice. Do let us know ASAP. It’s a big reason why I pay for premium. 

• Like 3

Do you think that there is any chance to restore the context? Why there is no official information about removing the context? This is something I pay for and should not be removed overnight.

• Level 5
On 12/3/2020 at 6:43 AM, vizhu said:

Is that a bug that disappeared or intentionally? 

This pretty much sums up all my questions about the myriad lost features and hobbled performance of the new version of EN.

Perhaps the majority of the reported quarter billion (!) EN users are simple note-takers and haven't noticed the difference?

• Level 5

Anybody who can read should have a look at the support documents for the different clients. They don’t say in each detail what will stay, and what was abandoned, but it clearly states 4 discontinued items:

• no more local notebooks
  • no more presentation mode
  • no more Evernote-Special-Edition-Scanner support
  • no more context

This means context is gone because it was decided to remove it, and it will not come back. This is not difficult to understand, although maybe hard to take.