Evernote 10: Internal note links

I make heavy use of internal note links. They do not seem to work in the new EN 10. I can copy the internal note link to the clipboard. And then I can paste that link into another note. But when I click on the green hyperlink.... nothing.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

Thanks, @gazumped, that's very helpful, especially the info that they're working on an update such that even evernote.com style note links clicked in another program will open in the desktop app rather than in a browser. At least, that's what I understood it to say.

Hmm, "classic" vs. "new" ... what utterly disastrous product update does that remind me of? Some kind of brown beverage in a red can, I think.... :lol:

• Haha 1
On 10/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

that they're working on an update such that even evernote.com style note links clicked in another program will open in the desktop app rather than in

I installed the "new" Evernote, quite excited about the refresh, but for me the lack of an internal link makes it unusable. My workflow depends on an internal link, as I use Todoist as a task manager, and I link notes to my tasks on a regular basis. I don't want it to take me to the web version of the note - I want it take me to the desktop version so I'm not distracted by the web. I often work with the internet offline.  This makes my workflow unusable!

Very disappointing update so far. I hope they add this back in!  In the meantime, I'll go back to the "classic" version.

Internal Links work for me BUT they are more tedious than previously.  I click the Internal Link and it opens a dialogue with the note link displayed. Then I have to click on that to jump to the note inside the desktop application.

I agree with you agsteele.  I am using Windows though.  They work but they are more tedious.  Where use to be you could click on the text link, now  you click on the text link and then the link.    This doesn't seem like an improvement. 

I think the issue is around the use of the links in other programs not within EN itself. If you paste the link into todoist you will end up going to the web version of EN when you click the link rather than to the Windows app. This is because it's a web link not on an evernote:////.... type link. In the legacy version you could easily generate either formats. You can find the internal format by editing a link but it is not guaranteed to work as expected. It looks like this is work in progress so hopefully it will get sorted soon.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:50 PM, agsteele said:

Internal Links work for me BUT they are more tedious than previously.  I click the Internal Link and it opens a dialogue with the note link displayed. Then I have to click on that to jump to the note inside the desktop application.

Ctrl clicking helped here for me. 

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

I just updated to latest release this weekend and was thouroughly upset over the broken hyperlinks feature in my notes. I can no longer move between notes within the same note window as I could previously.

This is insanity to release a new version without this important capability. This is an obvious flaw and a huge step backwards in capability. Do they not test their new releases to get feedback before going to general release? What kind of software development is going on at Evernote that they break such an important feature as functional hyperlinks within notes?

Please get this capability back into the software immediately. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, DCB0303 said:

I can copy an internal app link

?

1 hour ago, DCB0303 said:

I get a message saying 17 links copied (in a blue box)

Hi.  That would be a selection of links.  Have you tried just clicking in a note or document body and right-click pasting the links?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Have you tried just clicking in a note or document body and right-click pasting the links?

If you have copied multiple links and copy them into a numbered list you can drag and drop the items around to get them in the order you want them.