(Archived) Dave or pconstantinou, do you want feedback on the beta here

Vance

I am not sure whether you would have feedback on the beta here, or to the bug reports. Some of the stuff I sent to the bug reports are not really bugs, just user experience or preference things. If you think it would be better here, just let me know.

Just another question on the process of this ongoing beta.

I have installed the beta version on saturday night and reported my observation on a new ticket (it was the procedure then) and eventually removed the application from my phone. I would like to reinstall enventually the next beta build, but I was wandering how I would be notified that a new version is being made available. From the offial message board message announcing the beta availability I haven't seen any update since saturday, so I am assuming that no new beta has been made available.

Will the official board message be updated everytime a new beta will be made available? Will we know what has been fixed from previous build?

I just wanted to say that right now, I am very happy to see the progress on the beta. Due to my frustrations with the original release, I had actually started trying out other services. But now that the beta is out, I'm ready to stick around to see what improvements are made. Already, it seems that formatting issues are getting better, which was a big deal to me. I don't mind the unfinished UI at all, I'm just glad it works better. I'm glad you all chose to do a public beta, so we can see progress as comes.

@acjohnson

Agreed. I was getting frustrated with the previous version on the Market and was beginning to consider other apps. I wasn't a fan of the old UI and the app wasn't as useful as I thought it would be as a result. Felt clunky.

Ever since I installed the Beta, I have been using it daily and began migrating a ton of notes, information etc. The new design is so much easier to use, more intuitive and as a result, I launch the app and desktop versions many times throughout the day and it has begun an essential tool for me.

I travel for work, so saving itineraries etc is a breeze, quick notes, thoughts for projects, To Do lists etc.

Quick question for others. I may be missing it, but is there a way to upload a PDF or word doc to a note? Right now when I get my itinerary, I have to simply copy and paste the info, but a lot of times I get a PDF version that would be a lot easier to just upload to a new note for quick reference on the go.

Also, it would be cool if there were a "Read Later" option. I come across an interesting article, but can't read at that moment, so I usually use the web clipper to send the URL to a note...which is fine, but would be cool if article populated a note versus just the URL.

Lastly, a 'share to' option when I am browsing on my phone would be cool. If I come across something, it would be nice to (within my browser options) to have an option to share to Evernote. Right now it is things like dropbox, twitter, facebook.

You SHOULD have "Share to" ... I do (on both the beta and the released version).

Agree it would be good to be able to highlight part / all of a web page and clip the page using Share to, and not just the URL

Julie

I just wanted to say that right now, I am very happy to see the progress on the beta. Due to my frustrations with the original release, I had actually started trying out other services. But now that the beta is out, I'm ready to stick around to see what improvements are made. Already, it seems that formatting issues are getting better, which was a big deal to me. I don't mind the unfinished UI at all, I'm just glad it works better. I'm glad you all chose to do a public beta, so we can see progress as comes.

+1

This is a huge leap forward over the previous version, and is going to be key in keeping Android users on Evernote.

Offline notes is great as is the improved interface and speed improvements. Keep up the good work!

Archived