Update timestamp

StevenChang

Idea

Dose any one know how do I update the timestamps (create and modified) of notes?

The feature seem to be missing from the new vision.  Using timestamp is very important to our works. We often start a new note and modify the creating time to an appropriate date/time so it fits some specific requirements of that note.

Can engineers bring back the timestamp modifying feature?

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Not sure how soon (or if at all) some of Evernote's original features will be returning.  Best work around for the meantime would be a browser-based (if you're using the web client) text expander like Text Blaze - which can do some quite advanced inserts with optional sections when a code - "/date" (forinstance) is typed into a text field.  Otherwise there's AHK and Phrase Express and a gazillion other text-expander options for Windows.

1 minute ago, CalS said:

Go back to 6.25 until it is fixed.

Right. I think this is the best answer so far although I would hope the EN engineer would put out a timeline of bringing back those features. It's sad to see some good features missing in the new version but no improvement to the note taking behavior to compensate the loss of features.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
5 minutes ago, StevenChang said:

It's sad to see some good features missing in the new version but no improvement to the note taking behavior to compensate the loss of features.

Just WRT this, I believe they're saying that improvements to the editor (headings, highlight colors), search, and dark mode are the gains, along with constant syncing (which may be an improvement or not).

2 hours ago, StevenChang said:

Dose any one know how do I update the timestamps (create and modified) of notes?

Clearly listed in the coming soon section of the release notes:

Coming Soon:

- Edit creation date of notes in note info

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Just WRT this, I believe they're saying that improvements to the editor (headings, highlight colors), search, and dark mode are the gains, along with constant syncing (which may be an improvement or not).

Scales aren't quite level on this one for me.  Just saying.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Don't see much of those improvements help this issue.

Well...Imagine you are provided folks, spoon and chopsticks on your dining table for dinner in a restaurant you like. One day your waiter tell you the restaurant no longer provides the folks anymore because the chopsticks can fulfill all you need on the dining table. Instead, the restaurant provides a new pair of shinier, glowing chopsticks....Will you like that improvement for your dining experience?

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Can you give a link to the release notes? All I've seen is the What's New post, which is lacking a lot of details.

It's in the program itself. Help -> release notes. Don't get your hopes up though -  there is not much detail in there but it just happens that this little nugget is there.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
8 hours ago, Mike P said:

It's in the program itself. Help -> release notes. Don't get your hopes up though -  there is not much detail in there but it just happens that this little nugget is there.

Ah, thanks. I can't actually get the program yet, since I'm still on Windows 7. Strange how lack of communication seems to be seen as a customer relations strategy these days (not just Evernote).

15 hours ago, Mike P said:

Nice. Thanks a lot. I am rolling back to the earlier version for now until they "fix" the issue.