CMD-A does not allow to select all tags (Edited)

Andrea Bisiach

Idea

--- EDIT ---

Copy and paste tags works, but CMD-A does not work in the tag field. This forces selecting tags one by one or with CMD or SHIFT

---ORIGINAL---

In the "old version" the tags field was basically an input box that reacted to "," to separate the tags

Also allowed copy and paste of tags between evernote and the clipboard and other applications. i.e. the tags in the images are simply a string like this "testtag1,testtag2,testtag3"

Now you are forcing the user to use the mouse all the time. Completely wrong and not ergonomic. 

image.png.63f0f566ea72edaad88dfd4c2bd28309.png

• Like 2

2 replies to this idea

copy / paste is working now, finally, in V10. At the bottom of the note you can paste your tags - at least if you‘ve copied them from another note; just CMD-multiselect (or use SHIFT first-select last-select to select them all) and copy them to clipboard.

I didn‘t test if a simple „tag1,tag2,tag3“ text string is also working via copy/paste, but: after copying tags from an existing note into the clipboard I pasted them INTO a note and then saw a text string with all tags separated by a comma.

13 hours ago, stocky2605 said:

copy / paste is working now, finally, in V10. At the bottom of the note you can paste your tags - at least if you‘ve copied them from another note; just CMD-multiselect (or use SHIFT first-select last-select to select them all) and copy them to clipboard.

I didn‘t test if a simple „tag1,tag2,tag3“ text string is also working via copy/paste, but: after copying tags from an existing note into the clipboard I pasted them INTO a note and then saw a text string with all tags separated by a comma.

Thanks, it works. I guess what fooled me was the inability of using CMD-A to select the entire content of the tag fields. If I can I will change the subject of this topic