What happened to settings?? And Sync?

Richard LC

Idea

Maybe I'm missing something very obvious, but I can't find Settings or Options or Preferences in the new (10.0.10.1853) version. Where is this hidden?

Secondly, how to check Sync or Usage? And how to perform a manual sync when needed?

Thinking about reverting to the old version after only a few minutes with the new one...

• Like 3

18 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Richard LC said:

I hadn't realised the new version was still in beta, or at least unfinished, since that is the only version available for download. I thought it was an upgrade. What are they trying to do, exactly?

This is being sold as the result of Ian Small's "let's rebuild everything from scratch and make it better" policy.  Since it's much glossier and has bigger type than the previous version I think it's mean to be the answer to everyone's prayers. 

It looks as though they got fed up with the time it would take to actually include all the functionality of the original product and rushed out the shiny shell with a couple of things that actually work. 

Now they're going to release 'new features' (which is going to be "much easier" because of the retooling) which I would earnestly hope are all the features they didn't include yet,  because if Evernote comes out with new features that aren't the missing essentials,  I think there might be a mass walk-out of super-user subscribers.

• Like 8
  • Level 5*

LOL There may be a few things missing from the new version...  a bit like buying a new car and then finding out you needed to pay extra for the engine...  Fortunately it's possible to run old and new versions side by side to keep your suffering to a minimum...

If you don't still have 6.25 on your system,  see here for more... https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

• Like 3

It's more like buying a new car and discovering they haven't finished building it yet. And they haven't put the wheels on yet.

Regarding running the old and new versions side by side, that would have been made easier if the new version hadn't uninstalled the old one during its setup process.

I hadn't realised the new version was still in beta, or at least unfinished, since that is the only version available for download. I thought it was an upgrade. What are they trying to do, exactly?

• Like 5

Many thanks for your enlightening reply. I will remove version 10 and go back to the more complete legacy version. I'm a plain-text fan so didn't like the new bigger shinier glossy interface anyway. All style and very little substance. And I still can't believe they would release a complex product like this without any access to the program's settings. Like not even being able to check the language or spelling-checker options!

This reminds me of when Microsoft rebuilt Windows from the ground up, resulting in VISTA. The very thought makes me shudder...

• Like 5
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Caporeira said:

It is possible to deactivate only keyboard shortcut Ctrl + S ?

I don't believe that's possible in Evernote 10.  What's the operation that you want to take place when you hit that combination?

• Level 5

What was wrong is very simple: The software 12 month ago was basically the same as 24 month ago, and the same 6 month ago.

No development, no real bug fixes, no new ideas. In a fast moving segment with a lot of new players, if you don’t get things moving, you enter a death spiral. So v10 for sure is not what we expected, but at least it does away with a lot of grown code that proved more and more impossible to maintain and take forward.

Personally I stick with legacy on the desktops because it still serves me well, and wait v10 to mature and gain some features important to me.

• Like 3