Grammarly extension

Petro98

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  As you'll see from the topics in this forum,  a lot of things - both features and integrations - are no longer working (for the moment anyway).  Things are coming back slowly - you could install the legacy version alongside your current v10 app where Grammarly should work as before,  or just go back to using that until things are a little more settled...

• Like 1

Thank you, @Kolmir  That worked.  Of course, I still can't use Grammarly in it since the two don't talk to each other through the Windows application ecosystem.  I had wondered about this when I read that installing the legacy version would solve the problem.  As I mentioned, I use Evernote mainly on the web, and there used to be a way to go back to "classic" there, but now it seems that only changing the editor is supported, and that does nothing to allow Grammarly back in.  This is too bad.  Grammarly was the only thing that had been keeping me on Evernote when both OneNote and Notion had better interfaces.  OneNote can't use Grammarly, and Notion's plethora of choices and connections makes it unwieldy (for me).  But Notion, even though it has a really weird editor interface (every line-feed creates a new block) uses Grammarly.

I want to stay with Evernote, but they keep stumbling.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
18 hours ago, dbasener said:

How can I install the "legacy version".  I mainly use Grammarly on the web.

Thanks.

You might get better help in the web forums rather than these Windows application discussions. I guess that there are folk over in the web area that know about web stuff. Hope you find success.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dbasener said:

Thank you, @Kolmir  That worked.  Of course, I still can't use Grammarly in it since the two don't talk to each other through the Windows application ecosystem.  I had wondered about this when I read that installing the legacy version would solve the problem.  As I mentioned, I use Evernote mainly on the web, and there used to be a way to go back to "classic" there, but now it seems that only changing the editor is supported, and that does nothing to allow Grammarly back in.  This is too bad.  Grammarly was the only thing that had been keeping me on Evernote when both OneNote and Notion had better interfaces.  OneNote can't use Grammarly, and Notion's plethora of choices and connections makes it unwieldy (for me).  But Notion, even though it has a really weird editor interface (every line-feed creates a new block) uses Grammarly.

I want to stay with Evernote, but they keep stumbling.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

You're welcome.

I'm getting more and more used to OneNote (I will probably migrate most of my EvN notes there).

A like and use Grammarly often too. I'm using those hints to streamline my work with both tools https://getcodeless.com/grammarly-review/grammarly-for-onenote/