Colored/Styled Tags & Notebooks

ej8899

Idea

I used color tags - not a lot, but for specific certain groups together in my shortcuts list.  Any chance of bringing these back?  If not, how about letting us create a shortcut 'divider' bar? Or better yet, shortcut "stacks"?

• Like 7

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5
11 hours ago, Mike P said:

Best you can do at the moment is to include emojiis in your tag names 

image.png.9b725cbb4d19eb9142cd34dcb6231289.png

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I saw that one--I'd have spit it all over my desk. Emojis yes, colors no--because we're all 14, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I saw that one--I'd have spit it all over my desk. Emojis yes, colors no--because we're all 14, right?

Personally I find the accurate rendering of emojiis quite useful. I only use symbols and it allows me to easily see a title, for example, in a list. If you want to reject it simply because it sounds like something only teenagers would use that's fine but it's your loss.

image.png.86e8246fc425c6138759123bea1418f5.png

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, Mike P said:

Personally I find the accurate rendering of emojiis quite useful. I only use symbols and it allows me to easily see a title, for example, in a list. If you want to reject it simply because it sounds like something only teenagers would use that's fine but it's your loss.

Sorry, a think-before-posting fail. No offense intended. But for me, I can recognize a distinctive color faster than an emoji.

• Like 2

Also keep in mind color coding tags doesn't change a search or the requirements of a search.  I can have a tag "importantstuff" that is red in color - and then search for the tag "importantstuff" instead of dealing with emoji coded tags for "importantstuff" instead - and then dealing with search complexities.    That all being said - I do have a few tags with emoji's -- but again, simple tags that can be coded independently (with the colors) was very nice to have.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I have a few color coded tags.  The few things I want something to stand out in a note list I prefix the title.  Not overly obvious in a quick 6.25 mock up, but hopefully the concept is clear.

ScreenClip.png.d7a5091e74941bfba45e8b24c020f3d5.png

On 10/8/2020 at 6:23 PM, CalS said:

I have a few color coded tags.  The few things I want something to stand out in a note list I prefix the title.  Not overly obvious in a quick 6.25 mock up, but hopefully the concept is clear.

ScreenClip.png.d7a5091e74941bfba45e8b24c020f3d5.png

Hmm. I use those too, but the problem is that they get sorted haphazardly. I did a test once and some "important" ones, I forget which, but something like the checkmark or flag or pin are auto sorted to the bottom of the list instead of the top.  I don't think your mockup would actually work like this screenshot if you sorted in Evernote - the entry with the checkmarks would be at the top or the bottom when sorting by title.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, lisec said:

I use those too, but the problem is that they get sorted haphazardly.

To not impact sorting, the emoji could be inserted within the title1935076995_ScreenShot2020-10-10at3_01_09PM.png.2e57a2cf02763465e16ef7c94e76aa6f.png

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

To not148562907_ScreenShot2020-10-10at2_57_36PM.png.70a7f4d7997e8595c1f517ff7ffb77f6.png impact sorting, the emoji could be inserted within the title

True, and I sometimes put them at the end when I just want the visuals... but much like we use ASCI characters to force sorting, I actually *want* some emojis to be at the top; stuff like pin, flag or exclamation mark (important).  But to be honest, given the host of issues I'm reading about with the latest version, this is the least of their problems. Sounds like any features we might have wanted, or additional 'finesse' issues will be delayed for a very very long time while they sort out this mess.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, lisec said:

Hmm. I use those too, but the problem is that they get sorted haphazardly. I did a test once and some "important" ones, I forget which, but something like the checkmark or flag or pin are auto sorted to the bottom of the list instead of the top.  I don't think your mockup would actually work like this screenshot if you sorted in Evernote - the entry with the checkmarks would be at the top or the bottom when sorting by title.

I typically don't use a title search so it doesn't impact me.  I like having the visual cue to what typically is the key note of the search.