Just when I thought 2020 couldn't get any worse...

kessbroker

Idea

I began using Evernote in its first iteration, well over a decade ago.  I have been a premium user since 2008.  I was an unpaid cheerleader for many, many years.  It was literally my second brain until about 2 years ago, when I could finally no longer defend every issue or bug, no matter what.  Once upon a time, I watched Evernote become more useful by the day - for more than 10 years.  I have given it time but feel I can finally say that trend has reversed.  The lack of the ability to e-mail a note is the straw that has me for the first time in well over a decade googling "alternative to Evernote."  The many problems I have with the update have already been noted, in most cases, more than once.

What are you doing guys?  How could you release an app that does not even have a preferences menu ready!?  Did you talk to real actual users before making these changes?  Did you test with real users?  Users who completely relied on Evernote for many, many years?  Is this the beginning of the end of my second brain?? 

Just when I thought 2020 couldn't get any worse!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

11 replies to this idea

I love Evernote and have recommended it far and wide. Coincidentally, like you I've been a premium user since 2008.

Evernote 10 for Windows disappoints me. It's a step down. It's less functional than Evernote 6. For instance, shortcuts can't be put at the top, many Windows shortcut keys are gone, fewer notes are visible at a time.

• Like 3
  • Level 5
15 hours ago, kessbroker said:

Did you test with real users?  Users who completely relied on Evernote for many, many years?

With you all the way (I'm not able or willing to update yet, but just what I'm reading looks awful). Several of the beta testers have posted in the forums saying that many issues were flagged that were not released before development, including some of the most egregious, e.g., no preferences.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, kessbroker said:

Just when I thought 2020 couldn't get any worse!

Great catch line

Do you really want to be involved in the v10 stuff?
I'm sitting out for the Mac/Windows platforms
I am testing the IOS platform, and trying to remain objective

This heading just resonates.

2008 must have been a good year because that is when I also became a premium user. I use evernote all day everyday and my 15,000 notes are critical.

2020 has been such a bad year and working paperless and from home since March has made Evernote even more critical to me. If there is no local database of notes then I will have to find another solution and I am really not looking forward to that.

• Like 1

I was a beta tested and was very disappointed. The only thing I liked about it is that I can paste a bulleted document from Word into Evernote without the format going hayfire. I also think the search does a better job.

I miss seeing the tag organization. I missed especially the Send a Copy which I posted so many times about on the beta. I miss import folders. I miss many other things that I can't remember. I tried as a beta tested to convey my feedback. But I'm not wasting my time beta testing android.

Luckily, it is possible to have two Evernotes on your computer. So I have Version 6.25 for most of my stuff and Version 10 for pasting notes from Word.

• Like 1