CTRL + Click: Copy Internal Link

Lemayp
Go to solution Solved by Lemayp,

Idea

One of the feature that I use frequently in the legacy version of Evernote is the possibility to generate a "windows" URL for my note, which allow me to paste such URL inside of another application and to refer to my Evernote note directly from it.

Normally the Windows URL is generated by holding the <CTRL> key while selecting the menu note->"Copy Internal Link".

It would generate an URL that look like:
"evernote:///view/1872691/s16/a2631600-82ad-9d3a-b8f0-edc4c2cd2c29/a2431600-82ad-9d3a-b8f0-ebc4c2cd2c44/"

while if we don't hold the <CTRL> the URL would look like "https://www.evernote.com/shard/s16/nl/187..."

It's a powerful option for those using it.

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

• Solution

This is resolved inside of 10.2.4.

image.png.cf95f801efea8fe405d4a4554eb04d05.png

Immediately after installing the new version I tried it.  For some reason, it was alway giving me an URL that looks like "evernote:///view/1872691/s16/...." regardless of the first or second option I use.  After few minutes, it start to work properly, consistently.  I am not sure why.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Lemayp said:

One of the feature that I use frequently in the legacy version of Evernote is the possibility to generate a "windows" URL for my note, which allow me to paste such URL inside of another application and to refer to my Evernote note directly from,

The Mac equivalent is posted Here

The issue is that we lost the option to generate an in-app link    
This is required for pasting into external apps

• Like 1

You can find the in app link by editing a link which has been pasted into a note and then copying it:

542575807_ScreenShot10-09-20at06_34AM.JPG.830e4a5bd8c491e8d053643b9d0212b9.JPG

However when I use that link (from within Word for example) it opens Evernote but does not open the correct note. So it's more than just being able to easily generate the link - it needs to work as well.

• Like 3