alt-shift-d for date doesn't work on note title

ej8899

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
18 hours ago, ej8899 said:

as per the subject. 
When fixed, a bonus would be to let us select the date format to be used in options!

WRT date format, in the previous version that was taken from a system-wide Windows setting. Hard to know if anything is still the same, but this might be.

• Level 5*

Way back I couldn't find a system date format that I needed so I created my own date inserts with PhraseExpress.  I recently switched to AutoHotKey.  Pretty straightforward once you get their scripting down.  Plus you aren't at the whim of software companies.  Comes in handy for just about any repetitive task, reminder management in particular.  One could replace most of the missing hotkeys if one wanted.  I think I will wait that one out based upon the other functional deficits of this release.

Anyway, per the below Shift+Alt+; inserts 2020.10.09 12:31 PM wherever the cursor may be.  +=shift !=Alt :: says hotkey.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.89933c3c7a6573aede04aedee5cb48cf.png

• Like 1

I would consider this a bug, not a feature request, since the title is not exactly as separate a field as in the past, it is weirdly together in that you can navigate to the body of the note and back with just cursor keys or the hard return key, yet separate so that it doesn't recognize the top first line as the title.