Evernote for iOS version 10.0.4 Release notes

• Ex Employees

Hi all!

You'll find below the release notes for Evernote version 10.0.4 that was release today to the App Store.

• Mobile clipper fixes: destination notebook selection not working, source URL not appearing in clipped notes
  • Additional fixes for note conflicts
  • Fixed: Apple Pencil strokes appeared 'jagged'
  • Fixed: Issue with offline search
  • Fixed: Issue where the app would sometimes display in Simplified Chinese instead of Traditional

Let us know if there are any questions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
24 分鐘前, PinkElephant說:

Hello Agnes, why is this still posted just here, and not shown in the AppStore release notes ?

Regarding Apple Pencil: Does this mean we can reactivate the iOS 14 scribble Feature ?

I turn it on but still can't show all strokes.

But bring back high resolution.

29 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Hello Agnes, why is this still posted just here, and not shown in the AppStore release notes ?

Regarding Apple Pencil: Does this mean we can reactivate the iOS 14 scribble Feature ?

Do you mean the sketch feature or the scribble from Apple when it turns your handwriting into text? That has worked throughout all the problems.

1 minute ago, kate0508 said:

Is it possible to post a link to the updated 10.04 Evernote APP in the APP store?  I’m not finding it in the APP Store on my iphone .  Thanks

So sorry.  I found it & updated.  Thanks

• Level 5
5 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Do you mean the sketch feature or the scribble from Apple when it turns your handwriting into text? That has worked throughout all the problems.

In another thread another user could partially fix the EN Sketch by turning off the iOS 14 scribble. It looked as if iOS was trying to make sense of the pencil strokes, and by this caused the breaking up of the Sketched strokes.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

In another thread another user could partially fix the EN Sketch by turning off the iOS 14 scribble. It looked as if iOS was trying to make sense of the pencil strokes, and by this caused the breaking up of the Sketched strokes.

Good to know :) Kind of bummed I didn't think to try that lol.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Have you updated to 10.0.4, or did you uninstall ?

If still with problems, do a complete uninstall (app and data).

Then switch the i-device off, wait a moment and switch back on. This will clean out memory.

Then reinstall the app. Open it, log into your account. Now wait until metadata and previews have completely downloaded, which may take a while, before you start using the app.

55 分鐘前, Dmitry Mi說:

GUYS! Left menu hasn't work correctly yet!!!

I've been paying you since 2009.

PLEASE HIRE QA !!!!!!! YOU WILL lose your client !!!!!

IMG_2464.jpg

Are they stacks, or notebooks? I find that if their names include symbols like "." The whole stacks cannot be shown and instead the empty space like yours.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have you updated to 10.0.4, or did you uninstall ?

If still with problems, do a complete uninstall (app and data).

Then switch the i-device off, wait a moment and switch back on. This will clean out memory.

Then reinstall the app. Open it, log into your account. Now wait until metadata and previews have completely downloaded, which may take a while, before you start using the app.

I have latest version from AppStore 10.0.4

What I did:

1. Complete uninstall Evernote.
2. Reboot iPhone.
3. Rename stacks, it contains ".".

Now, what I had:

Left menu still hasn't work - THERE ARE NOT ANY Notebooks AT ALL.

IMG_2465 2.PNG

IMG_2466 2.PNG

BUT IN THIS PLACE I SEE:

IMG_2467 2.PNG

WHAT I SEE IN MAC VERSION:

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 14.46.07.png

• Like 2

I see syncing 'freeze ups' still exist.   I opened Evernote 10.04 on iPhone 11 Pro this morning and didn't pay attention to if it last synced up or not.

proceeded to type up 2 separate notes into my inbox.

jump back to inbox.  not there!

realize the sync freeze up occurred, force closed Evernote and restarted.  of course, notes not there.  

THIS IS DATA LOSS!
Please fix - you've left a good many users with Evernote in an unusable state at this point in time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ej8899 said:

I see syncing 'freeze ups' still exist.   I opened Evernote 10.04 on iPhone 11 Pro this morning and didn't pay attention to if it last synced up or not.

realize the sync freeze up occurred, force closed Evernote and restarted.  of course, notes not there.  

THIS IS DATA LOSS!
Please fix - you've left a good many users with Evernote in an unusable state at this point in time!

I have had this occur too, seems sometimes when the app is brought from background to foreground it no longer syncs. For me it seems to happen when the app has been in background for a long time - ie overnight but seems to hold up ok during the day. 

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees

Hi @Dmitry Mi, thanks for reporting the issue with the blank space in the left side bar. Our development team is investigating, we hope to have the fix available soon to you all. 

As for the Apple Pencil strokes issue, we partially fixed the issue in 10.0;4 - it should be completely eradicated in an upcoming release. While we work on a permanent fix, disabling Scribble in iOS Settings > Apple Pencil > Scribble should solve the problem.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, AgnesP said:

Hi @Dmitry Mi, thanks for reporting the issue with the blank space in the left side bar. Our development team is investigating, we hope to have the fix available soon to you all. 

As for the Apple Pencil strokes issue, we partially fixed the issue in 10.0;4 - it should be completely eradicated in an upcoming release. While we work on a permanent fix, disabling Scribble in iOS Settings > Apple Pencil > Scribble should solve the problem.

My problem was SOLVED.

I've just rename stack  from "1.Something" to "1_Something".

It's crazy guys... WHY iOS app doesn't support DOT "." in the STACK NAME ???!!! Why it's too difficult ??!!

10.0.4 sketch notes have drastically improved... I even had Apple Scribble mode turned on and experience no missing input!

HOWEVER.... due to what appears to be "infinite paper size" - I'm seeing problems saving sketch notes.   I waited on one for SEVEN MINUTES before forcing Evernote closed and just starting over.   The next one I tried was much smaller, but I got tired of waiting after TWO MINUTES.  

Might need to reconsider infinite paper size or figure out some other way of dealing with this. Seven minutes or more to save a relatively simple sketch is completely unacceptable! 

• Level 5
17 hours ago, Dmitry Mi said:

My problem was SOLVED.

I've just rename stack  from "1.Something" to "1_Something".

It's crazy guys... WHY iOS app doesn't support DOT "." in the STACK NAME ???!!! Why it's too difficult ??!!

If this is your main problem with EN iOS 10, feel yourself elected to „the lucky ones“.

And stop screaming around in the forum with large font and other gimmicks. We are users here, so please follow forum etiquette.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I email documents to my Evernote account that often have screen grabs embedded in them.  10.0.4 saves the note but I trust you’ll agree with me that the attachments are a bit small - see below. Will Evernote be releasing an upgrade with free microscope perhaps? 0ADBBDBC-D870-4844-B52B-0B6B1EE1C5D2.jpeg.f897ba7407c2552ec964d203e747ff73.jpeg

• Haha 2

I waited for 10.0.4 as I have over 22,000 notes.   I have been a loyal Evernote customer since 2005.  However, I deeply regret installing 10.0.4 and unless all is corrected asap, I will be moving to another app.  10.0.4 is an abysmal "upgrade;" unconscionable.    In addition to everything else already mentioned, we have lost "Simplify Formatting" (both "Simplify Formatting" and "Make Plain Text").

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, jbhbah said:

I waited for 10.0.4 as I have over 22,000 notes.   I have been a loyal Evernote customer since 2005.  However, I deeply regret installing 10.0.4 and unless all is corrected asap, I will be moving to another app.  10.0.4 is an abysmal "upgrade;" unconscionable.    In addition to everything else already mentioned, we have lost "Simplify Formatting" (both "Simplify Formatting" and "Make Plain Text").

Much respect.  I feel same as you.  I’ve been a premium subscriber since 2014 & have 12,000 notes.  My notes are valuable to me.  I introduced Evernote to family & friends and because of me they became happy Evernote users.  They & I are unhappy with Evernote v10.4 & are concerned that our Evernote productivity is lost & might not come back & unfortunately & sadly we feel we may  need to jump Evernote ship & find an alternative note keeping / data storage platform.

My question to you regarding your comment is do you have a plan for your 22,000 Evernote notes?  I can’t bear the thought of losing my 12,000 notes.  Another question is do you have an alternate note taking / data storage plan to replace Evernote?  
Thank you.

• Like 2

Kate0508:

Happy to share the results of my "search" so far.   I need to be able to store the notes locally — on the device for iOS, iPadOS, macOS — as well as the cloud.   This is how Evernote works and is a must for me as I need constant access to my data regardless of internet connectivity.

I have looked at Notion [ https://www.notion.so ], and was initially quite impressed by it.  I emailed them regarding local storage syncing to cloud.  Here is their response: "We don't currently support local storage. Currently our data is being saved on the Notion server so everyone must be online for all your data to sync on all your devices. And, we don't have "full offline" capability at the moment, but it's the direction we're headed. We definitely want you to be able to use Notion on the go!"

And I have also looked at "Keep It" [ http://reinventedsoftware.com/keepit/ ], and am impressed by it.  I emailed the same question and here is their response: "On Mac, Keep It always keeps the files locally. On iOS it will download them on demand, unless you enable the option to download them all automatically…you will obviously need enough space on your device for all that data."

Thank you!

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, jbhbah said:

Kate0508:

Happy to share the results of my "search" so far.   I need to be able to store the notes locally — on the device for iOS, iPadOS, macOS — as well as the cloud.   This is how Evernote works and is a must for me as I need constant access to my data regardless of internet connectivity.

I have looked at Notion [ https://www.notion.so ], and was initially quite impressed by it.  I emailed them regarding local storage syncing to cloud.  Here is their response: "We don't currently support local storage. Currently our data is being saved on the Notion server so everyone must be online for all your data to sync on all your devices. And, we don't have "full offline" capability at the moment, but it's the direction we're headed. We definitely want you to be able to use Notion on the go!"

And I have also looked at "Keep It" [ http://reinventedsoftware.com/keepit/ ], and am impressed by it.  I emailed the same question and here is their response: "On Mac, Keep It always keeps the files locally. On iOS it will download them on demand, unless you enable the option to download them all automatically…you will obviously need enough space on your device for all that data."

Thank you!

John

Very helpful info. Thank you.

Any news on the annotation feature on the iPad?  It cannot be accessed directly from viewing the pdf. New annotations no longer save, and the really useful summary section is not updated.  A time line for a fix would be helpful.

• Thanks 1

Autosaving and syncing still not working.  I have lost countless additions and updates that I take on the fly. If someone adds it to a note, clue, they want that addition saved without having to do anything different than the last 5 yeaers.  This build is JUNK and is actually worse now than the free apple apps.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Scott P said:

Autosaving and syncing still not working.  I have lost countless additions and updates that I take on the fly. If someone adds it to a note, clue, they want that addition saved without having to do anything different than the last 5 yeaers.  This build is JUNK and is actually worse now than the free apple apps.

I’m having this issue too, tried support with it but they say they can’t recreate this issue which is astonishing as many have shared it on the forums. Only thing I have found is on iOS close the app, don’t leave it in the background cause sometimes when it comes back to the foreground it seems ok but it’s not syncing and data is lost. 

• Like 1

Hi there.

My iOS Evernote crashes on open now after the update. It updated today and I haven't been able to access my notes. All I see is the Welcome screen and after about 3s, it crashes. I have a lot of notes (> 10 years) so I'm not sure if that is the issue. 

• Level 5

Probably not. The number of notes does not bother it, unless you are hitting the system limit (which I think is 100.000 notes).

Uninstall EN, then switch off your iPad. Wait a little, switch on again, install EN again, and give it another try.

Hi,

This update is nothing less than a downgrade. In less than 24 hours I have experienced the following issues:

1) inability to simplify the formatting when pasting into a note.

2) lots of lost text due to the inability to sync up. Basically as soon as I hit the checkmark and shift to another note, the note has essentially deleted everything I have written up until that point. I have lost literally thousands of words because of this. This is the selling point of your apps; I’m genuinely baffled as to how this was not caught during QA. 

3) inability to actually search through the text. Because I have some notes that are extremely long I will put placeholder text in order to search them to bounce back-and-forth between different checkpoints. Now I cannot do this because every time I try to edit the note it takes me back to the previous spot I was editing.

4) Inability to distinguish lines spacing. Once more I find this baffling; on my phone all of the text is perfectly spaced but when I copy it onto other apps (or look at it on the desktop versions) the spacing is incredibly irregular.

5) Loss of formatting when moving onto the next line. I keep the font small and with a particular font style, and all of this reverts back to the default when moving onto the next line.

Considering the sheer amount of data I have on this app this will no doubt become a critical issue moving forward. I’m sorry to say this but there is literally nothing about this update that has improved my experience.

I have completely deleted and reinstalled the 10.0.4  version of the app on my 2020 iPad Pro 12.9. Taking notes in Sketch still will only work if I turn off the scribble feature, and even then the quality of the handwriting capture is terrible. I don't feel it is acceptable to have to disable features on my device to get back only a portion of the prior quality of the note taking feature in Sketch. I previously abandoned all of my other note taking and organization apps in favor of Evernote, but I will not be renewing my subscription if this cannot be corrected. 

I'm getting used to navigating in the updated version, and thankfully have only lost one Note so far....but I think we can all agree that we take notes for a reason, and not being able to rely on the app to actually save them is a deal breaker. 

Please fix this!! 

Hi, I have done an update of Evernote on my iPhone and now I can’t see the content in many of my notes. I just get a blank screen. I have opened an issue, but I have not gotten a reply. Very frustrating!!!

B7C6207C-C252-4095-96D7-F25F33AA3F11.jpeg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Tom7788 said:

Hi, I have done an update of Evernote on my iPhone and now I can’t see the content in many of my notes. I just get a blank screen. I have opened an issue, but I have not gotten a reply. Very frustrating!!!

Have you tried force closing the app and restarting it?   That generally seems to correct problems like that. 

Yes, I have forced closed, and powered down the phone. I can try uninstalling the app, but I was hoping to get an update to fix this issue. It a paid account so it would be nice to actually use the app when I’m on my phone.

• Like 1
On 10/9/2020 at 5:53 AM, ej8899 said:

THIS IS DATA LOSS!

Same exact problem. This is some old-school core-function QA fail bullshit that used to happen 7 years ago. How was this not tested before releasing a prettified update?? 

THIS is why Evernote is losing customers and market share. If a UI update brings down basic synching functions, I don't even know where to start explaining how not OK and not sustainable EN's priorities are. This instability basically makes ios Evernote unusable until a fix is released. Why would i create any notes on my phone knowing they can disappear because of a randomly occurring synch fail over which I have no control??

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 11:02 PM, AgnesP said:

Hi all!

You'll find below the release notes for Evernote version 10.0.4 that was release today to the App Store.

• Mobile clipper fixes: destination notebook selection not working, source URL not appearing in clipped notes
  • Additional fixes for note conflicts
  • Fixed: Apple Pencil strokes appeared 'jagged'
  • Fixed: Issue with offline search
  • Fixed: Issue where the app would sometimes display in Simplified Chinese instead of Traditional

Let us know if there are any questions!

Hi, three weeks are gone. Any progress with bug-fixing? You have a lot to fix, and we can't see any progress.

Wouldn't be better to just publish old/legacy iOS app as a separate app in AppStore until 10.x will reach at least minimum maturity?

• Like 2