Date format

pemaje

One is able to add date to Evernote text by pressing Shift + Alt + D.

• Evernote 6 = 8.10.2020 14:35 (my windows date format since I'm European)
  • Evernote beta = October 8, 2020

I really do not that you now forcefully push the American format into the notes.
Now that Shift + Alt + D is useless to me.

Could you please fix it back to the way it used to be?

• Like 3

Firstly, I do agree that the date and time should be configurable to one's preference as opposed to being automatically determined based on browser configuration.
Secondly, I would argue for the combined date/time in the shortcut is preferable to separating them. 
Thank you!

On 10/8/2020 at 10:52 PM, pemaje said:

One is able to add date to Evernote text by pressing Shift + Alt + D.

• Evernote 6 = 8.10.2020 14:35 (my windows date format since I'm European)
  • Evernote beta = October 8, 2020

I really do not that you now forcefully push the American format into the notes.
Now that Shift + Alt + D is useless to me.

Could you please fix it back to the way it used to be?

According to Evernote help https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows  there should be no change. 🤨
Find: "Insert date and time".

• 2 months later...

Just installed version 10.5 and having the same problem.

Note: It is not that Shift + Alt + D does not work.  It works, but it puts the date in US format, not the OS format as it used to, and there is no option that I can find to change that.

I also see that the date format in the reminders pane is also all screwed up.

I installed the Legacy version and the issue is fixed.  If this does not get fixed in the official release, I will cancel my sub.

If there is somewhere else I need to post this to get the Dev's attention, please post it here so I can go there.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I just stumbled upon the shortcut to insert the date.  While it works OK for me (I live in the US), I can sympathize with the others in here.  I personally would like this to be a configurable setting.  Ideally the options would include the sort-able format (YYYY-MM-DDm my favorite), along with other common formats.  And lastly, an OS default option that pulls from what the computer is using, if available.

P.S. The newer versions of Evernote seem like a big improvement for me.  The previous versions seemed way too slow and bloated.  I only care about this date format now because I'm using Evernote more.  So great job devs!