We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
Stacey

Feature Request: Return note links to a single click

Idea

I articulated this in the beta forums and am re-adding here to allow for voting up of the feature for those who agree with me.

I very much dislike the added step of having to click a note link, then click the link again in the menu that appears. Adds all kinds of extra clicks to my workflow.

I'm aware that Command+Click will open the link in a new window (and bypass the click on the drop down URL that appears). This is an ok workaround for external note links (out to the web, for example) but not at all what I'm after for internal note links (I don't want them to open in a new window, I want to go straight to the note inside Evernote). 

I want the efficiency back of single clicking on a note link and having it either:

1. Immediately launch the external link
  2. Navigate to the note I'm internally linking to

• Like 8

1 reply to this idea

Agreed, and I hope you can add an option to turn this additional link security/transparency measure off for all aspects of the app (Web, desktop and mobile). In many environments, this is unnecessary and confusing to Evernote users when other security measures are already in place. It's fine for unwitting users, but for those of us and those we support, we should be able to deactivate this. Thanks!

• Like 3