You might want to disable auto-update   
There are a few issues/bugs being worked om

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5
19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

It looks like Android is the last in this roll-out   
You might want to disable auto-update   
There are a few issues/bugs being worked om

Thanks. I always update manually. Any specifics for Android in particular?

• Level 5

Probably it will be a mix of bugs to be discovered, functions that will be permanently terminated and parts that are not yet available. The lists provided for Mac and Windows read like "copy and paste". Because the same framework will be used, it will probably be the same set of problems.

But go ahead, Dave, if you want to make your life more interesting 😇

• Level 5*

I'm not sure I can disable updates for Evernote.  Despite some strong misgivings about the desktop update (which I will not be using for a while!) I might go with the mobile - I spend most of my time on desktop anyway,  and use the mobile mainly for look-ups and to input images...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

EN for iOS 10 was a plain f***ing disaster.

It got usable with 10.0.3, although there are still IMHO grave deficiencies. One is a real lack of sharing, both in the ability to share (which was always a key function of EN for me), and that search does not work in notebooks shared to oneself from others. On the iPad, the use of the pencil collides with the new scribble feature of the OS. You can't print a note, which means you can't create a pdf either. Web clipping creates a mess from a web site. The EN iOS shortcuts that helped with some functions do not work any longer, and AFAIK were not upgraded. And so on ...

On the other side there are some nice features (editor, headers, tag hierarchy etc.). If I had to choose with what we know today, I would wait at least 2-3 weeks with updating Android, until the first 2 or more debugging updates are done.

• Level 5

It will probably be wise to wait before updating the Android app, which I use all the time, although of the features you mention none is significant for me, and I'm definitely looking forward to the improved editor. The Android app has never been able to print anyway.

• Like 1