UI Size and default text size

DMiddleton

Idea

I brought this up in the preview and beta and still there has been no feedback from the devs on it.

• The UI size and use of space is terrible, on the windows version I have to zoom out in view twice to get it to a decent size, but this causes it's own issues as below
  • The default size 16 text is far too big and there is no options to set the defaults to your own choosing, also one of the reasons I have to zoom out as the size of text on the screen is too big
  • Older notes where I did have text sizes set (and also using code blocks) are now really small as I have had to zoom out - frustrating
  • To compensate on the mobile client I have had to set the note zoom level to 70% and get the same issue as above with older notes
  • If i don't zoom out on the windows client in snippet view I can only see 5 and a half notes in the list, due to the default sizing
  • Also because I am zooming out, the left panel content size is not ideal as this is using a smaller text size to that in the notes itself

Why the move to massive font sizes, who uses size 16 as a default standard text size in anything?

At first I also thought maybe the client wasn't adjusting for high DPI displays but it is the same on several machines.

And this is just the view issues, not to mention other things mentioned in preview/beta such as:

• Tool bar missing
  • No options for things like default settings and preferences
  • Right click context menu on the left panel
  • Presentation mode removed
  • Issues with links (showing the link again which you have to click to go to)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 replies to this idea

On 10/8/2020 at 9:05 AM, DMiddleton said:

I brought this up in the preview and beta and still there has been no feedback from the devs on it.

• The UI size and use of space is terrible, on the windows version I have to zoom out in view twice to get it to a decent size, but this causes it's own issues as below
  • The default size 16 text is far too big and there is no options to set the defaults to your own choosing, also one of the reasons I have to zoom out as the size of text on the screen is too big
  • Older notes where I did have text sizes set (and also using code blocks) are now really small as I have had to zoom out - frustrating
  • To compensate on the mobile client I have had to set the note zoom level to 70% and get the same issue as above with older notes
  • If i don't zoom out on the windows client in snippet view I can only see 5 and a half notes in the list, due to the default sizing
  • Also because I am zooming out, the left panel content size is not ideal as this is using a smaller text size to that in the notes itself

Why the move to massive font sizes, who uses size 16 as a default standard text size in anything?

At first I also thought maybe the client wasn't adjusting for high DPI displays but it is the same on several machines.

And this is just the view issues, not to mention other things mentioned in preview/beta such as:

• Tool bar missing
  • No options for things like default settings and preferences
  • Right click context menu on the left panel
  • Presentation mode removed
  • Issues with links (showing the link again which you have to click to go to)

Totally agreed.  I am struggling to use this new version at all.  Adding tags is especially poor and not reliable.  Just awful!