Lag after changes to notes tags

Hi,

There seems to he a long delay for Evernote recognising when tags have changed on a note. I have a shortcut setup for a particular tag. If I edit a note in that list and remove the tag - nothing happens. It should immediately disappear from the list (as it did in Evernote 7.x).

If I create a new note and tag it - it also doesn't appear in the tag shortcut immediately (it does many minutes later).

This is a significant impact to workflow. Please advise asap...looks like I need to downgrade back to 7.x

Dave

• Like 1

The lag is very frustrating.  Are there plans to at least add a "refresh button" or something similar so that the notes appear under the appropriate tags?

I will add that the tags are significantly less assessable in the current version than in the previous version.  It would be nice to give them a bit more prominence and allow for quicker addition/removal of tags.

• Like 1

I 100% agree. The search experience in the new apps is much worse for me due to odd design decisions and the lag it takes for searches to update to reflect changes in notes and tags. The legacy app was delightful in terms of how quickly searches were returned and how quickly search results would update (i.e. in near-real-time) as new notes were clipped or emailed in, or tags changed on existing notes.

The new app is decidedly NOT delightful when it comes to search, despite what the CEO seems to think (given recent interviews where he says the new search is delightful). 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

My guess is that this relates to the change of the infrastructure because I see this problem for some time in the Web-Version. I have the impression that the new Mac client is actually a web client and therefore, the same problems are found. I am still using the old Mac version and from what I see here I will stick to it for quite some time.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, MrIllustrator said:

Yes to me the new Mac app feels exactly like a web browser tricked to look like an app. It’s so close to the old web interface. 
and sooooo slooooow. The screen refresh is the worst I’ve ever seen in any app. 

Exactly, on iOS it looks the same and if this is the case it is a bad implementation of the Web-interface because the Web-interface is quite fast. I am working daily with it under Linux in Firefox and it works quite well. The version numbers are also quite in sync. My Web-interface shows version 10.1.1.

In general, if my guess is right it might not be a bad thing at all because new features then would be available on all platforms almost at the same time and that is what Evernote is claiming. I am just always pissed off (sorry) with the way Evernote releases new versions so immature. It happened so often since I use Evernote, and I am now waiting quite a long time and follow the forum carefully before I switch to a new version.

Let's hope they fix the problems quickly.

I have one last question: On my Mac I often use multi-selection either to set tags for many notes or for combining notes. This is not available in the Web-interface. What about the Mac version?

4 hours ago, Stuhrer said:

I have one last question: On my Mac I often use multi-selection either to set tags for many notes or for combining notes. This is not available in the Web-interface. What about the Mac version?

There is a new UI for multi-selecting notes and merging or assigning tags. I quite like the new merge interface, which allows one to re-order the notes and choose whether to keep copies of the original notes or not.

There is similarly a new interface for bulk assigning tags, but I'm not a fan of it - it's a bit fiddly IMO compared to the legacy app which had a very clean interface for bulk-assigning tags.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
13 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

There is a new UI for multi-selecting notes and merging or assigning tags. I quite like the new merge interface, which allows one to re-order the notes and choose whether to keep copies of the original notes or not.

There is similarly a new interface for bulk assigning tags, but I'm not a fan of it - it's a bit fiddly IMO compared to the legacy app which had a very clean interface for bulk-assigning tags.

Thank you very much for the information.

• Like 1