App Preferences: Selection is too limited

Michael Flower
Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

I installed the new Evernote app on my iMac after deleting the beta. The new app is running fine EXCEPT when I access the Preferences all that shows is a check mark next to the phrase "Save Data at Logout" (which is also all I saw in Preferences when running the beta). I think I missed a step (or misstepped) when deleting the beta.  Any ideas as to what is wrong? Should I try reboot? 

11 replies to this idea

They have broken a good product.

On toolbar - Scratch pad area takes more space now with stupid border around the window and doesn't let you write more then certain amount of words. It was better in older version. Scratch pad was very slim (no obscuring the desktop) and with unlimited ability to take a note.

How to revert to old version on Mac?

This unfortunately is not a simple bug.

It's more a known issue and hopfully temporarily decision by EN as published yesterday  in the Announcement "What's new in Evernote for Mac":

What features are not yet available in the new app?

This is not an exhaustive list of features, but the most notable include:

• App preferences

• Level 5*
On 10/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, Michael Flower said:

when I access the Preferences all that shows is a check mark next to the phrase "Save Data at Logout" (which is also all I saw in Preferences when running the beta)

Does "Save Data at Logout" mean Offline vs Cloud Only?

I find this difficult to believe that we cannot change preferences such default text size.  Is that really true or am I missing something?  If it's true then I'm amazed that this has been the case for more than 2 months now without a fix.  The current default of 16 is way to small for folks like me with trouble reading what we consider to be the fine print. ;-)  

• Like 1