Shortcut for search

pansovic

Idea

I typed Ctrl+Shift+F from whatever screen I was in the old version, and immediately it brought me to the Evernote search bar. 

That is no longer possible. Neither the Alt+Ctrl+F is working, not even within Evernote. 

Now I have to open Evernote, point the mouse on the magnifying glass, and type the search string. 

Searching perhaps one hundred times a day can imagine it is a real burden.

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

Quick search is coming soon (CTRL Q).

Reviewing the Help Center article, I think we may have a typo. You can jump to search with CTRL+ALT+F--I've requested we get this updated.

@pansovic--sounds like you may be experiencing a bug--and after some testing I think I found it--looks like when you are focused on the note it's not triggering the search. I've reported and we'll take care of it. If you see this happening elsewhere please let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

CTRL+ALT+F is not working anywhere. 

You are part of the staff, an apology to say but is a shortcut for search not one of the most basic things in Evernote? We lost so much stuff with this new version. It's like going back for 5 years. Now we have to spend our time analyzing, revising, creating forum topics, and even for search issues? Is that not a bit asking too much of our time? 10 years with Evernote, and we still have to be upset about such a thing. I don´t understand you guys. I don´t know how you operate. I don´t know what your priorities are. I am very frustrated ... sitting on 30.000 notes. You have no clue about your power users. You live in your ivory tower. And, when are you gonna fix your tables once and forever??? Such a pain. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pansovic said:

CTRL+ALT+F is not working anywhere. 

This was a bug in the beta but has not been resolved before the public release.

For me ctrl-alt-F only works if the focus is on a note in the note list (ie there is a blue box around a note in the note list) and the sidebar is not collapsed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Mike P said:

This was a bug in the beta but has not been resolved before the public release.

For me ctrl-alt-F only works if the focus is on a note in the note list (ie there is a blue box around a note in the note list) and the sidebar is not collapsed.

It is not working on my laptop, though on my PC, it is working as described here. I re-installed Evernote on my Microsoft Surface but still have the same problem.

This shortcut to search in evernote wherever you are on windows is the most used functionality here.

Is there a settings/preference screen in the new evernote btw? I can't seem to find where the hotkeys are defined.