A List Of Keyboard Shortcuts For The New Evernote For Mac?

jamestheredd

Idea

I can't seem to locate (in-app or elsewhere) a list of keyboard shortcuts for the new updated Evernote for Mac. It's a pretty big deal for me that there are header shortcuts and I can't figure out what they are or if they exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much! Cheers! 🤙🏻

• Like 5

30 replies to this idea

missed so many short cuts in the new version 😡
because that's the reason why I use the local macOS version - to be faster with short cuts EVERYWHERE - pretty stupid that the functionality does not even reflect the old version !

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
1 分鐘前, Drexler Mathias說:

Sorry, I can't find any shortcuts for headers and the list seems to be the old one. Also no markdown for headers...

Type # for biggest heading, ## for second, ### third.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Alvin C said:

The shortcuts have changed compared to previous version.

And they have markdown on the latest version, at least the heading. (but on iPhone and iPad you can't)

Oh no way! This is very helpful. Thank you! I find it silly that there's seemingly no keyboard shortcut for headings for an app that has a $7.99 premium membership. However, I do have some patience considering they just released a new build. And I'm excited that they have big plans. We shall see!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Alvin C said:

The shortcuts have changed compared to previous version.

And they have markdown on the latest version, at least the heading. (but on iPhone and iPad you can't)

Sorry, I can't find any shortcuts for headers and the list seems to be the old one. Also no markdown for headers...

• Like 1
On 10/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, jamestheredd said:

I can't seem to locate (in-app or elsewhere) a list of keyboard shortcuts for the new updated Evernote for Mac. It's a pretty big deal for me that there are header shortcuts and I can't figure out what they are or if they exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much! Cheers! 🤙🏻

All of my shortcuts are gone! I used the "insert date" and "quick switchers" a lot. Please bring them back!

I've used it for years. Copy some text (or whatever), then hit ⌃⌘V. Evernote is launched, and a new note is created with the contents of the clipboard.

Well, in 10.1.7, Evernote launches, but no new note is created, and nothing is pasted.

(Incidentally, this and other shortcuts were customizable in one of the tabs of Evernote's preferences—but v10 has NO preferences at all, which is weird and disconcerting. How else are we to specify these and other other settings?)

• Like 1

I am having the same issue! All my shortcut / hotkeys are no longer working. And there is no longer a genuine preferences section within the windows app that allows you to assign hotkeys. I really need this fixed! I've have Evernote setup with kotkeys across all my PCs and for 5 years now...

^⌥⌘T does not bring up the Edit tag... Window (pop-up)

I can bring it up by dropping the notes ••• "More actions" menu or menu > Notes, but there needs to be a working quick key.

I also wish the Edit tag window was truly a Tag editor window. Currently, this pop-up window only allows Add, remove, & create tags.
But Evernote needs this to be a Global Tag editor window which additionally allows Rename, Move, Merge (combine), Select (multiple tags highlighted for editing) for Batch Editing (the ability to Move, Merge, and Rename a group of tags --- is a very needed function for Evernote),

This posts is recommending the Edit tag ... window be a globally accessed Tag editor pop-up. (Not to be confused with a window accessed by the left side Tag icon as my Oct 15 post references.

I've posted details here: Oct 14 "Select Multiple Tags - Tag Editing" also some further details contained in Oct 15 "Tag Window Preferred". This Oct 15 post references the Window accessed by the left side Tag Icon and not the Global Tag editor discussed above.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^⌥⌘C seems to also do nothing.
Though I'm uncertain the expected result. I thought it would copy the internal link, which I assumed was the URL field of the Note Info.
If that is not what it does, please correct me.
If that is what it is supposed to do, make it so.

Many many paying customers are saying exactly this, including me. It’s shocking. Right now on top of all this I’m experiencing sync problems, I updated some notes this morning on my Mac, now I’m on the road and guess what! The notes won’t sync to my iOS version  ( 10 as well) so I don’t have the important information at hand that I needed. This never ever happened with the old classic “working” version. 

Definitely missing many shortcuts. As a power users, and long time premium user of Evernote (over 10 years), shortcut keys are critical to a fast and efficient user experience and workflow. This is a significant failure on the part of the development team to release without power features.

Unfortunately, without a plan and expectation for when this will be rectified I have to begin the process of evaluating alternatives that can meet my needs for a fast, efficient note taking system.

I would love a plan from Evernote to be provided in this thread regarding this limitation which would dissuade me from spending the effort! 

• Like 1

Seems to me they are letting this product die, for whatever reason. Just recently switched from PC to MAC, and was looking forward to Dark mode (which I got, and it's really nice) but at the same time losing the global keyboard shortcuts to copy text/images/files from anywhere in the OS. These hotkeys are at least 50 % of my workflow. Incomprehensible to exclude such basic functionality.

Update 2022-04-11: Happy to see that things look a lot better now (a year and a half after I wrote the above comment) in terms of keyboard shortcuts, and also general speed of the app etc. Still miss an easy way to move around inside the app using keyboard (e.g. set focus on the notes list etc.). But at least there are more and more global hotkeys, just noted that I can now paste images directly into Evernote (for a long time this only worked with text). Thanks for you efforts. Keep it up. Cheers

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 12:12 AM, Lanse1430 said:

Will you add the short cut for inserting check boxes (to-do)?  (⇧ ⌘ T). I used it all the time...

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313358

Agreed. Why was this removed? They now offer "⇧ ⌘ C" to insert a checklist (which cannot be combined with a bulleted or numbered list any more, unfortunately). I discovered that if you type "[]" (that's left bracket, right bracket) it will insert a checkbox... Still, it's a step backwards from the previous functionality ... and for what purpose??

On 11/5/2020 at 3:59 PM, emotionalbuggage said:

Insert Date is ⇧ ⌘ D

According to the list of shortcuts: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313358

ok, but you cannot choose the format (long, short, medium ... ) !

I’ve been a happy, mostly contented Premium Evernote user for years and simply can’t understand why such a great product was broken. There is no excuse for the  removal of keyboard shortcuts which your base has grown accustomed to and which demonstratively created a loyalty following. I am in the process of transferring to DEVONThink for business and financial work which needs to be done efficiently. 

Has anyone found a good alternative to the old quick switcher using Cmd + J ? I use that all the time and now I'm really lost how to jump to my notes quickly.

I've been tryinig Ctrl + Cmd + E but it's way slower and it doesn't open notes in a new window :(.

Em 06/11/2020 at 14:11, wheiser disse:

ok, but you cannot choose the format (long, short, medium ... ) !

Yes. The format sucks!!!!!  And they chose the worst option of them all...the LONG format. I would place a bet that NOONE at Evernote uses this shortcut.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Eduardo E said:

Yes. The format sucks!!!!!  And they chose the worst option of them all...the LONG format. I would place a bet that NOONE at Evernote uses this shortcut.

You do have the option of free text expenders like AHK and Phrase Express that can produce a date in any format you wish, and (for web users) browser extensions like Text Blaze which will do pretty much the same thing.

• Like 2