Only 50 notes selectable?

Alxa
Go to solution Solved by DMiddleton,

Idea

Hi, with the new Evernote 10 client only 50 notes are selectable. This way, nobody can locally export whole databases for backup reasons. I thought, this would be a beta restriction but it seems Evernote does not care anymore of local backups in any way. Even online/offline state of notes is not visible anywhere. With no opportunity to backup my precious data and memories the new client is and will be a no go. Going on using the native client for......how long will the fully functional Evernote client be supported????

Regards

Alex 

7 replies to this idea

I'm not sure I understand exactly, but if you're looking to export your notebooks, the manual option is still there. Select NOTEBOOKS in the left hand navigation window and you'll see a listing of those. Right-clicking the notebook there gives you an EXPORT option to create the ENEX file. I have yet to find a DB as it was before.

• Level 5

Since the information "This note belongs to that notebook" is lost on export, it is anyhow advisable to export notebook by notebook.

Only by doing so the original set up of notes in notebooks can be reproduced in a restore situation. Otherwise you get a heap of notes that will not tell in which notebook a note was located.

Hello, 

I often backup my notes by exporting  them as .enex file. Great. But now it is almost impossible:

1. Right click to Notebook in legacy version brings context menu: "Export Notebook as enex". — Now impossible. No context menu applears afteer R-click on notebook.
  2. Selecting all the notes and exporting them as one huge .enex file. — Now impossible. Only 50 notes at once can be to selected. Nightmare in case of thousands of notes.

Can we hope in enabling those features before the old version of Evernote will be killed?

8 hours ago, CabbageTree said:

Right click to Notebook in legacy version brings context menu: "Export Notebook as enex". — Now impossible. No context menu applears afteer R-click on notebook.

You need the three dots menu next to the notebook. This gives you the option to export,

image.png.5010dbd026600187a921bef3e3014d96.png

On 10/8/2020 at 10:11 AM, PinkElephant said:

Since the information "This note belongs to that notebook" is lost on export, it is anyhow advisable to export notebook by notebook.

The title of each note is also lost, not so with export from legacy version.

• Like 1