We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
mrlsanganeria

Need Multiple Tabs feature.

Idea

18 replies to this idea

+1 --- equally, if not more, important would be the ability to open multiple Evernote windows.  This was a feature in Mac well before the "tabs" feature was implemented years ago, and it is definitely frustrating to not be able to open two instances of the window on Mac, especially with multiple monitors and MacOS "spaces".  Really hoping this comes back together with tabs

• Like 7

where are the tabs?!?

This is a serious interruption of my workflow. I always had two or three open and toggled between them.

I really hope they will come back with next update, such an important feature!!!

• Like 4

+1. I’m glad I kept the old version. No tabs would be a deal breaker for me. 

• Like 2

@aukirk, on v10 in macOS you can open notes in new windows. That isn't my workflow...but worth noting as a workaround. For instance, you could put EN in a workspace and open two notes side by side. Variety of ways - right click on a note in the list of notes...or click the 3 dots in top right of an open note.

The lack of tabs is why I stopped using the beta. I get that sacrifices must be made to get to one platform on which Evernote can build...but tabs feels non-negotiable.

Also concerned about speed and syncing. Syncing has what has kept me paying for EN through the years - type something on my computer, flip open my phone 30 seconds later and the changes are there.

I've already had one 'merge conflict' on v10. 

Will be interesting to see how fast they can make progress.

• Like 1

yes - what happened to the tabs??? Please bring back asap.

• Like 2

Tabs and Multiple Windows.

I uses two monitors with multiple OS X "Spaces". I would have different themes in each.

This functionality is gone. A serious loss. I really need it back. I NEVER JUST USE ONE WINDOW with evernote.

+1. I would love to see this feature alongside the "open in new window" feature!

• Like 1

Tabbed browsing was always an essential Evernote feature for me, to the point that I'll probably revert to the old version until it returns.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rufus M said:

Tabbed browsing was always an essential Evernote feature for me, to the point that I'll probably revert to the old version until it returns.

that's what I have done,

but I very much doubt that it will return, I have a feeling this is a point of no return!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rufus M said:

I'll probably revert to the old version until it returns.

I'm still using the legacy version   
Tabs aren't important to me, but there are other outstanding items

Actually, I"m not seeing any items in the new version that makes me want to upgrade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be a deal breaker.  Lack of multiple noteBOOKS could be the end of 7 year affair.

Why is the ability to create multiple notes in one window with tabs gone with the new version?! This way I can't use Evernote like I am always doing. The whole reason I wanted to keep using Evernote is because I felt it was really easy to switch between notes because of the tabs! Please bring this back really quickly because right now I can't work like I am used to. 

• Like 1

In one of the latest YouTube interviews with CEO Ian Small, he indicates at 27:20..... "at this point, we are not implementing tabs... we will see what happens to that set of feedback, but that was not a massive heavily used feature"

It came amid what I think was a bit of miscommunication between Ian and Tom Solid, as Tom seemed to think that Ian said you could open two Evernote windows and indicated maybe that is why tabs are not needed.  However, Ian was referring to opening multiple Note windows.... not multiple versions of the Evernote list/search, etc.  For my use case, I would much prefer the ability to open two instances of Evernote (including different search results/notebooks/lists) over tabs... but sadly that is not able to be done with the current v10.

Hopefully there will be some feedback to influence the apparent decision to remove tabs and multiple Evernote instances from the current roadmap.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aukirk said:

In one of the latest YouTube interviews with CEO Ian Small, he indicates at 27:20..... "at this point, we are not implementing tabs... we will see what happens to that set of feedback, but that was not a massive heavily used feature"

It came amid what I think was a bit of miscommunication between Ian and Tom Solid, as Tom seemed to think that Ian said you could open two Evernote windows and indicated maybe that is why tabs are not needed.  However, Ian was referring to opening multiple Note windows.... not multiple versions of the Evernote list/search, etc.  For my use case, I would much prefer the ability to open two instances of Evernote (including different search results/notebooks/lists) over tabs... but sadly that is not able to be done with the current v10.

Hopefully there will be some feedback to influence the apparent decision to remove tabs and multiple Evernote instances from the current roadmap.

Yes that’s exactly what I want, not tabs but the ability just like in the classic version to be able to open two instances of Evernote windows next to each other, with all the notebooks, tags, favourites on the left of both windows. It’s so useful to be able to see two separate lists of your notes and be able to drag between and reference them, sort them, find them separately on the same screen at the same time, leaves tabs in the dust so I hope they bring that feature back. Also I never thought of myself as a power user but did you hear that shocking statistic about how many users actually use tags! Just 2%, I suppose it’s true but wow and then use that statistic instead as a example of how they have failed to get over their usefulness, use that statistic to tuck them away at the bottom of the screen in that stupid new place instead of where they should be at the top next to the name of the notebook you are in as before. To say as Ian said that this saves on screen real estate like he did is not correct, it actually takes up more room on the screen and means your eyes have to work harder getting the info on the note you are looking at. Still my eyes could do with the workout. ;)

• Like 1

Yes bring back multiple tabs, this was essential to my workflow. Also opening a note in a new window but with all the Evernote features on the left like it used to be needs to come back also!