Toolbar disapears when editing notes

The toolbar is replaced with "Last edited on" text as soon as I changed anything in the note. Which is extremely annoying, since I loose the ability to do any formatting operations until that text times out.

image.png.8773442aebad8e2643e8204f68decf08.png

image.png.dd6997d4594fb7d8a9971d2c536eb304.png

I've tried this in both firefox and chrome, the behaviour is the same in both.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*

Hi.  What version of the web client is this?  And how long is it before the text times out?  

As you're a subscriber I'd suggest you raise this with Support. (We're a -mainly- user-driven Forum here.  Support are usually busy but they do have under the hood access that we don't.)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Magnus Westin said:

Web client 10.10.

And about 15 seconds I think. Sometimes I have to change focus for it to happen, but not always.

Certainly sounds too long - I don't have access to that version,  so can't help unfortunately - Support is your best bet!  (There is a new version of the Windows client out too - you might want to have a look at that...)

Using web client v10.1.0 on Chrome, and the toolbar disappears regularly. Clicking on another window and coming back makes it reappear briefly, but half of the time it disappears again as soon as I select some text.

• Like 1

I've been having the same problem for the past couple of days, for both the new and classic editors, in both Chrome (both normal and incognito tabs) and Firefox. (Edit - this is for v10.1.0 as well.)

I can't see a way to contact support, just a feedback form - is that only for paying subscribers? 

I've also got 10.2.1 (click on your user name at upper left in web version, see drop down). Oh, I see that the toolbar appears once I click inside a note - so it thinks I'm about to edit it. Why don't they just leave the freakin' toolbar there all the time?

It's time to try transferring all notes to OneNote.

• Level 5
13 hours ago, Magnus Westin said:

Actually, I just logged in and I got a new version of the web app 10.2.1 and it seems to be fixed. And the maximize note feature is also working now.

I see I'm on 10.2.1 now also, so I will watch to see whether this is indeed fixed.

• Thanks 1